Discuss Testing and inspection on am2 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just wanted clarification on what can be done with IR test and the rcbo. And testing through the motor. My questions have well and truly been answered. As long as I know that it is acceptable to change the rcbo for b32 and fine to ask the examiner to hold the contractor on the motor down or even test from the DB to the DOL then DOL to the motor. Just makes it a lot easier that you can actually perform a global IR test on the installation, rather than I was starting to think of doing each circuit individually.

Just wanted clarification on what can be done with IR test and the rcbo. And testing through the motor. My questions have well and truly been answered. As long as I know that it is acceptable to change the rcbo for b32 and fine to ask the examiner to hold the contractor on the motor down or even test from the DB to the DOL then DOL to the motor. Just makes it a lot easier that you can actually perform a global IR test on the installation, rather than I was starting to think of doing each circuit individually.
Might find it difficult to hold the contractor down Jake specially if he is a big bloke I know you meant contactor, just having some fun good luck anyhow

Reply to Testing and inspection on am2 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, sorry if posting in the wrong section. I am due to start 2391-52 course soon, and there seems to be from what I have found out, a 3 phase...
Replies
Views
I recently just done my AM2 resit and in my inspection and testing, despite the invigilator watching me do the tests, I think I may have forgotten...
Replies
Views
I have my AM2 coming up next week but something is puzzling me and I’m hoping someone can help me out. So there is some SY cable coming out of...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
I want to check the insulation of the 3-phase 400VAC asynchronous squirrel cage motor. Motor's stator windings are connected in delta. I've read...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock