Discuss Testing electrical socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bori

-
Reaction score
I recently bought 1 gang British electrical socket. Before wiring it up,is it possible to test whether the socket work? I tried to use a multimeter using the continuity test by connecting it to L and N but there is no sound coming. Does that mean that the socket is broken?

I recently bought 1 gang British electrical socket. Before wiring it up,is it possible to test whether the socket work? I tried to use a multimeter using the continuity test by connecting it to L and N but there is no sound coming. Does that mean that the socket is broken?
Get an electrician in to fit it for you, you obviously have no idea of what you are doing.

A wind up?

You could test continuity between the live input to live output and the same with the neutral and earth. Not much point if its new though...
You could test continuity between the live input to live output and the same with the neutral and earth. Not much point if its new though...
Since when did 1 gang 13 Amp sockets have input and output terminals?

troll_SPRAY.jpg

PS Spot the OP's location

a thread will only give continuity if it is wet,metallic, or pi$$ed on

Appalling Thread, OP-----------you are dismissed

This thread has made me smile on a dreary Monday morning...

Reply to Testing electrical socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I replaced an outdoor electrical socket recently with a 2 gang, BG socket which has LED lights to show when it is switched on. Since then I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi, This post is about my concerns with medical IT socket outlets and want to alert you all if you are fitting them in a hospital. The current...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock