Discuss Testing incomplete in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gareth_H

We have been carrying out the testing of hotel rooms for a new build project. We were given the order for the whole project. In the last week we have found out that a number of rooms which we knew were not tested have been let out to the general public. We have stated to the client we will have to put a prohibition on these rooms as we were not informed that firstly they could be tested and secondly the main contractor has told the hotel that all rooms are tested. As an NIC contractor where does the blame lay if there are problems and secondly due to the fact we were given the order to carry out all the works can the main contractor employ a n other company to complete the outstanding rooms, when the main certificate already issued for rooms except the outstanding is ours.

Any info would be appreciated.

Was there not a contract with some kind of timescale agreement with main contractor?

Whenever I've done work like this I meet up with the hotel manager and draft up an action plan so that we can prevent this hiccup from happening.

Widdler

Our contract was with the main contractor not the hotel, it is a new build, the major concern to us is the rooms are being let out with NO certification from us, we are not even sure if the live and dead tests have been carried out by the electrical contractor who installed the works as no paperwork has been passed to us.

Was there a timescale with the contract with the main contractor?

Is it written down?

I would write to the hotel in a formal letter explaining your concern and outstanding requirements. This would satisfy the NIC.

I would also ask to speak to the manager, they may flexible enough to create a gap for you to jump in there?

Reply to Testing incomplete in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock