Discuss testing live wires in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tadders

Hi guys, I'm after advise on checking live wires. Do I need a circuit tester or can I use the Electricians screwdriver I have, and if so how does it work. Many thanks

sorry, mate. if you are asking that question, electrics is not for you.

sorry tadders, i was a bit abrupt there. the neon driver is a no-no as it utilises your bodt for an earth path. what you need is an approved voltage tester, either LCD or LED. a volt stick is a good approximate guide as to whether a cable/circuit is live , but not to be relied on.

honestly, mate. that neon driver you,ve got is best kept for picking your nose.

so... edison didn't invent the light bulb, he invented the light lamp. all is become clear ( or is it pearl)

not when it's a daffodil

No tecnically it is a lamp not a bulb, like Ian I was taught very early in my career that bulbs are something you stick in the ground.

It came about like hoover for a vacuum cleaner, as the incandescent lamp in a house is bulbed shaped it just stuck.

but her lamp had a candle inside it. so a lamp it the whole light unit, later versions , obviously came with a candle bulb, not a candle lamp, as that is what she had in 1875

so... edison didn't invent the light bulb, he invented the light lamp. all is become clear ( or is it pearl)

aren't genies made up of DNA

not when it's a daffodil

but her lamp had a candle inside it. so a lamp it the whole light unit, later versions , obviously came with a candle bulb, not a candle lamp, as that is what she had in 1875

Your bored aren't you mate

yep. her indoors is outdoors, just done a fire alarm call-out ( pushed in glass on a call point) power washing the patio, but it's too cold and my feet are wet. sod it, going to the offy for some beer.

Reply to testing live wires in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock