Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Testing new builds in the PAT Testing Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. KillerKlown

KillerKlown Guest

Hi all, I recently took a 1 day P.A.T testing course so I can do the P.A.T testing at my work. One thing I found out is that because I build embalming pumps from scratch and then they get sold to customers, a simple earth contunuity test and insulation test isn’t enough. I found out that on the new builds I do I have to do flash test, leakage test etc.
    I have a P.A.T tester that’s able to do it; I know how to do the test. My question is, Once I have don’t the full test on the new build, am I meant to provide a certificate to the customer saying its passed all the necessary testing requirements? If so, where do I obtain these? Or is it just make a log of it and put a normal pass sticker on it? Also, I have a template for keeping records of the routine inspections, is there a book that can be purchased for them, or are print offs ok?

Thanks in advanced if any of you can help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  2. wallyanker

wallyanker Guest

At our company we must keep a written record/certificate for each item PAT tested. I have a template I could send you, can not upload on here as it says its invalid file (microsoft publisher). The same certificate per item can be used for 5 years.

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send it.

Hope this helps

3. KillerKlown

KillerKlown Guest

Hi thanks, has been sent. Is that enough for new builds too? or do you need a special certificate as its a new build, not just a regular pat teat?

4. wallyanker

wallyanker Guest

No sure whether it differs for a new build or not. Sorry.

Email sent