Discuss Testing PV Install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mark Davey

As i'm fairly newto the PV market I wonder if anybody can confirm whether or not it is acceptable to use the information obtained from the inverter for the required test results? rather than phisically conducting the test?

The test results you need/want are Voc and Isc, which the inverter won't measure for you, it can only measure Vmp and Imp.

It also won't do the insulation test for you!

The test results you need/want are Voc and Isc, which the inverter won't measure for you, it can only measure Vmp and Imp.

It also won't do the insulation test for you!

Pretty much that ^ I can sometimes be testing 20 a day and it doesnt really take that much longer to do it properly, just a few screws. If your trying to save time doing the testing make up a DC testing box with flying lead poking out.

Hi. Might it be a good idea for one of you experienced installers to make a test and inspection video to help all the new guys to do the job to a high standard, hope that dos`nt sound patronising, i`m the head of sales so i dont get to see any testing either.

Reply to Testing PV Install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock