Discuss Testing Results in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SSE

-
Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert at testing hence the reason I'm asking this question :D so was just wondering in general is r1+r2 bigger or smaller than Zs. From the testing I've done I've noticed they seem to be pretty similar but sometimes r1+r2 is bigger than Zs and sometimes smaller! :confused:

Parallel earth paths throw results out sometimes as do the connections of the test leads to the circuits.

Cool, cheers for replies. Another quick question, obviosly each house would be different and only looking for guidance but how long roughly should it take to do a PIR on a property that has 6 circuits on the domestic board and 8 circuits on the heating board if you were to do it by yourself? Including screwing everything off and on and filling in the forms?

It would depend how deep you wanna dig which is down to your discretion,i think the rule of thumb is a minimum of 15% of installation.

Just checking some of the results on previous test sheets and Ze +(r1 +r2)=Zs is just about right although not bang on, is this quite normal or is it normally bang on?

In a perfect world they would be dead on but due to parallel paths, connections of leads, slight inaccuracy of test equipment etc. the tested results will vary slightly from the calculated ones.

In a perfect world they would be dead on but due to parallel paths, connections of leads, slight inaccuracy of test equipment etc. the tested results will vary slightly from the calculated ones.

Cheers.

Also after seeing the formula in one of the first replies I remember being taught at college that formula and I know one person that uses the formula instead of taking direct measurement, is this common?

Reply to Testing Results in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock