Discuss Testing software, advice and suggestions please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm just about to start doing eicr at a church and a community centre. I'm registered with stroma and currently use their software for my certification.

It's a very tedious software though and I'm considering paying for a software to speed the process up especially with a 100+ circuits to test at the centre.

My stroma registration comes up for renewal at the end of March so I'm also considering the other providers if there software is a any good?

you could try tysoft electrical soft ware .
I use Hollycroft software up to now , I would wait for the 18th regs to come out , before paying any monies over to them .you need to look at the soft ware before hand, a sample possible!

It isn't really an option for me to wait 6 months or possibly longer for the new software to come out.

The tysoft package is over £200 and the hollycroft is available under £100

If the other registration companies software is as good as the paid for versions then I'd consider moving and paying the extra for say niceic?

It isn't really an option for me to wait 6 months or possibly longer for the new software to come out.

That doesn't make sense.

Decent software for certs is more important than scam membership, so invest in a decent package

I'm with Stroma and have Shineforms ........ I started using Shineforms when I was with Elecsa, so changing schemes was a doddle.

100+ circuits - that must be some community centre!

What is wrong with the Stroma software? I have dabbled with other software and in the end have gone back to the Stroma offering as although it is clunky it is bullet proof and everything is always exactly how you left it even if your computer dies, more importantly it is free. If need be and one big job for speed what about going old school and using a pencil and paper (this is what I do when required).

I use Tysoft

It only costs a fair bit for the initial purchase, it's only £60 per year for the extra licences

I have a licence on my desktop and a laptop.
I use a laptop and do certs on site, I then export the cert to the cloud for me to pick up at home.

The Tysoft lets you save copies easily- if you do a failed EICR and then do an EIC you can save an existing EICR as an EIC.

You can also watermark the certs- if someone insists on a cert (when they have not paid) I can send them one watermarked 'draft' for example.

Reply to Testing software, advice and suggestions please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net