Discuss Testing times in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

karmannmann

Guys not having a lot of testing exp im looking for a cheapish tester that will do PFC and Ze
readings doesnt need to have RCD test im in Scotland so part p doesnt matter.

Cheers

Martindale EZ2500 Loop Testers

An outstanding 17th Edition tester with T-Safe™ non-trip P-E and P-N loop impedance tests, plus PFC and PSC checks.
The E-Ze Test™ performs:

• Non-trip loop tests, P-E and P-N
  • Voltage test
  • Socket test
  • PFC and PSC test
Test readings scroll through in sequence on the clear, backlit, 32 character display to show socket problems or high/ low voltage conditions. The loop impedance test results, PFC and PSC calculations are then displayed.
Complies with BS EN 61010, BS EN 61557 & BS 7671 (17th Edition).
Designed for use with 30mA and greater RCDs.

see if you can get hold of an avo megger LT7. quite cheap.

Guys not having a lot of testing exp im looking for a cheapish tester that will do PFC and Ze
readings doesnt need to have RCD test im in Scotland so part p doesnt matter.

Cheers

I think we test rcd's regardless of Part P!

I agree with 'IQ', we have had to test RCDs since the 15th Edition of the Wiring Regs, introduced in 1981 well before Part P was even a figment of the demented politicians mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys this was not q i asked is this gonna turn into a debate i just want advice on a tester the type of work im doing does not require an rcd test. thanks

OK karmannmann, lets be blunt, as I stated earlier it has been a requirement to test RCDs since 1981, therefore any MFTs made after this date will have RCD testing facility included whether you require it or not. If you want to be dogmatic or idealogical about this you could always try and save yourself some money by buying separate testers either new (Megger, Kewtech or Ethos etc.) or second-hand (as before plus the excellent/cheap Robin that most sparks only sold because they were upgrading to an MFT). Try and find a second-hand Robin KMP 4120 or 4120DL loop tester and KMP 3075DL or KMP 3050DL insulation/continuity tester. Note, the DL suffix is only really important for the Insulation/continuity tester, because the insulation test is significantly quicker (you don't get time to have a smoke while waiting for the reading to appear, as was the case with the earlier incarnations). Or if you want an MFT look out for the Robin KTS1610, KTS1620 or KTS1630.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Testing times in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock