Discuss testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is with great sadness that I must inform you of the death of C&G2391. After a long career it was thought that it was too difficult and so was taken to switzerland and euthanised. It leaves two dependents, 2394 and 2395.

Are you just starting out or experianced in testing?

There are some good books on the market but as a started I would be reading GN 3 and trying to digest its contence!

If just starting IMO if possible I would try and follow a friend or colleague who is good at testing to see how they do it and pick up some useful tips!

Try the colleges' in your area and see what courses they run you might be pleasantly surprised!

I did my 2391 at Highbury College Portsmouth with Steve Sloane, lovely fella, really good attitude to teaching. If You're the west side of west sussex, I'd recommend there.

As others have already said...GN3 burnt into your brain, then practice at home until you can do all the tests, in the right sequence, without having to think about it.

I wonder how long it will be before the powers that be decide that the good old 2391 is no longer recognised and all the time served sparks and people like myself who test day in day out have to pfaff about going back to college to do another course to line the pockets of others.

I wonder how long it will be before the powers that be decide that the good old 2391 is no longer recognised

They can go and shaft each other up each others backsides if they try that one on.
I agree 100% matey but look what happened to the 2360 pt1&2. Once upon a time if you held them the 2391 and the C&G regs cert you was sorted. Now if you aint got an NVQ3 you aint considered as qualified no matter what else you hold.

THIS book is pretty informative when it comes to testing - loads of photos explaining exactly what to do - bit biased towards NICEIC though with some of the other bits. GN3 doesn't give the same sort of help as this does, but it is the basis of the 2391 exam.

alan lynch part pee book is quite good for pictures and notes together ... for some reason dont want to part with them.. else they would be on for sale

- - - Updated - - -

or give to a worthy recruit

Reply to testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net