Discuss Testing. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robo

Im just about to qualify and could do with some advice. I intend on working with my current employer to gain more vauable experience. However iv been approached to do some private jobs, House and garage rewire etc in my own time. I wanna do this above board. Do i have to be part p with napit or nic-eic to test and issue cert or can i buy some kewtech test sheet and certs. Dont wnaa turn the work away as its all good experience and im competent a can do the work and its some etra reddies in these hard times. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Im just about to qualify and could do with some advice. I intend on working with my current employer to gain more vauable experience. However iv been approached to do some private jobs, House and garage rewire etc in my own time. I wanna do this above board. Do i have to be part p with napit or nic-eic to test and issue cert or can i buy some kewtech test sheet and certs. Dont wnaa turn the work away as its all good experience and im competent a can do the work and its some etra reddies in these hard times. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Give your local building control a call and ask for their charges to come out and check your work on completion.
You can sign completion certs as required by BS7671 just get building control to do the part P bit.

Andy

Sounds like this part p is a nightmare for us sparks who arent certified with part p. Could i not simply test my installations and provde a test cert and notify the customer they need to contact building control. Im all for doing this the proper way however i can not justify 400 to b a member with napit etc for the few jobs i get. test sheets and certs shouldnt be made available if we can not sign off our own work. Any more advise would be great. Cheers

You have to notify Building Control BEFORE the work commences! I'd bite the bullet and get registered as notifying BC is just as expensive. £100+ just for a garage re-wire, don't even want to imagine what a house rewire would cost! :eek:

You have to notify Building Control BEFORE the work commences! I'd bite the bullet and get registered as notifying BC is just as expensive. £100+ just for a garage re-wire, don't even want to imagine what a house rewire would cost! :eek:

BC charges in my area depend on how much I am charging the client for instance £1700.00 job I was quoted £126.00 because i'm qualified they only wanted to see the finnish work.

You need to get one major job done to be assested for part P.

Thanks for the advise. Looks like getting registered may not b a bad idea. Its a shame i can not use employers niceic. Im gonna stay employed so i may struggle get registered as i dont intend going self employed. Nowts ever bloody straight forward. garage re wire + 100 quid for bc puts ppl off:(

Thanks for the advise. Looks like getting registered may not b a bad idea. Its a shame i can not use employers niceic. Im gonna stay employed so i may struggle get registered as i dont intend going self employed. Nowts ever bloody straight forward. garage re wire + 100 quid for bc puts ppl off:(

Biggest joke! you can carry out PIR's but you may not be able to correct out the remedials and Part P has nothing todoy with PIR's.

If your Part P registered only your not able to sign 3rd party installers work off on completion.

Andy

Reply to Testing. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net