Discuss texecom premier elite in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hey guys

Ive installed one of the texecom premier elite alarms at one of my friends house and need some advice if any one is familiar with this system.

After reading the manual a couple of times I've seen there programmed for end of line wiring but I've wired as double pole so i can sort them faults out easy enough but i can't seem to reset the existing faults from powering up. Mains failure, ps failure, panel lid open etc. I've tried putting the default engineers code in (1234) but it just scans through the faults on the lcd. I'm starting to lose my rag with it abit but surely its got to be more simple than it is. The keypad doesn't seem to be doing as the manual says when trying to access menus etc.

Can any one shed any light on this?

Hoping to get back there wednesday to finish setting it up

Thanks

Mains failure would indicate your mains supply is not getting to PCB and it may just running of the battery???. There is a step down transformer. Meter the primary and secondary to confirm voltages present.

Also, double check your tamper loops are closed. I assume it's a global tamper?

Why would you connect it as double pole when it has the option of being connected EOL? Try putting the engineers code in a few times in a row, access the engineers log and once you’ve logged off engineer the faults shouldn’t be displayed (unless they still exist)

If I’m honest I’ve only ever installed basic alarms using double pole but he wanted the fancy chrome keypad and it came as a kit. I’ll be going there tonight to try and sort it out.

Mains failure etc is from when doing the initial power up so hopefully I can clear the existing faults. Also in the manual it says the green led on the control panel should stop blinking after all default settings have been loaded during initial power up but it doesn’t just keeps flashing. Is this because there’s existing faults?

Is this a new panel or a programmed one? on the first boot of a new panel there is a factory default button to hold down. (see Commissioning on page 48 of the manual)

Also you may need to enter the engineers code twice to silence then reset.

Ive installed a fair few premier elites and find them lovely to work with.

If I’m honest I’ve only ever installed basic alarms using double pole but he wanted the fancy chrome keypad and it came as a kit. I’ll be going there tonight to try and sort it out.

Mains failure etc is from when doing the initial power up so hopefully I can clear the existing faults. Also in the manual it says the green led on the control panel should stop blinking after all default settings have been loaded during initial power up but it doesn’t just keeps flashing. Is this because there’s existing faults?
Did you hold in load defaults whilst powering up?

I didn’t hold the default button on first power up (didn’t read the manual) but once I read through I disconnected the battery and mains and did it again as the instructions said. Will this still be ok? Or do I need to wipe the memory from first power up and start again?

If you have managed to select the language and timezone and clear all the errors so it runs in non-engineer mode (day mode) without complaining then I wouldn't personally go and reset it if you have spent a fair bit of time programming it already, but it may be worth going though the options in WinTex to ensure it looks sane. If you have done nothing but power it up, id probably do a factory to just give me peace of mind.

Hey guys just having a a play with the panel. The zone wiring set to double pole/eol but still showing as tamper zone. I think I’ve connected it wrong at the panel end. Which terminal should they go in? I’ve wired it The global way at the panel

Hey guys just having a a play with the panel. The zone wiring set to double pole/eol but still showing as tamper zone. I think I’ve connected it wrong at the panel end. Which terminal should they go in? I’ve wired it The global way at the panel
You haven’t connected the pir’s as double pole EOL. If you had you would have used the resistors in parallel across alarm and in series with the tamper. You need to program the zones as normally closed if that’s an option. If I was you I would connect it as EOL, it wouldn’t take long to change and if there is ever a problem it will tell you what zone.

I fitted the resisters and it’s now cleared all
Faults. Had a play with the settings to get it up and running as should but think I’ve changed something I shouldn’t have. Now when putting the user code in it keeps beeping like it’s setting but doesn’t actually set.

Also is there a way to change how long it takes for the Bell box to go out after it’s gone into alarm mode? And when an alarm has happened is there a setting to change so the user can reset rather than going into engineers menu to reset?

Thanks for the help guys

Slacky,

Do you have a copy of the manual? Just a lot of what you are asking is in there, I dont mind helping out if your getting stuck with the manual in front of you, but thought id check?

Q) Now when putting the user code in it keeps beeping like it’s setting but doesn’t actually set.

A) is the area timed exit or a entry exit attribute on a zone?

Q) Also is there a way to change how long it takes for the Bell box to go out after it’s gone into alarm mode?

A) Global Bell Duration in Global Options

Q) when an alarm has happened is there a setting to change so the user can reset rather than going into engineers menu to reset

A) On the Premier Elite 24 it’s arming options>options>options 1 and turn the A off on the end. The Premier Elite 48 and above this in area programming>area options then scroll down to anti-code reset then remove the areas.

Brian

Yes mate I’ve gone through the manual quite a few times it’s just when your there and doing trial and error it’s hard to keep track of what you’ve done lol. Better to be walk away then go back with a fresh head in the mean time thought I’d ask here.

The zone where the keypad is set as entry exit. I’ve also managed to change something so when you put the user code in to set the alarm rather than it asking so you want to arm it automatically arms

I’m sure I went into global settings and checked the bell box setting it was set to 00 minutes but when the alarm goes into alarm mode the bell box takes a good minute or so is this normal or should it be going off straight away?

I’m going there Saturday so hopefully get it wiped up then

Yes mate I’ve gone through the manual quite a few times it’s just when your there and doing trial and error it’s hard to keep track of what you’ve done lol. Better to be walk away then go back with a fresh head in the mean time thought I’d ask here.

The zone where the keypad is set as entry exit. I’ve also managed to change something so when you put the user code in to set the alarm rather than it asking so you want to arm it automatically arms

I’m sure I went into global settings and checked the bell box setting it was set to 00 minutes but when the alarm goes into alarm mode the bell box takes a good minute or so is this normal or should it be going off straight away?

I’m going there Saturday so hopefully get it wiped up then
You would be best off downloading wintex, buying a lead and taking your laptop.

That sound like you are after Bell delay rather than bell duration. I agree, wintex would be easier for this.

Most of the texecom defaults are sane, only change what you need to.

Cheers

Brian

Once I’ve changed the settings you’ve pointed out and sorted why it ain’t arming then it’ll be sorted. Hopefully won’t have to deal with one of these again

I set the zone type to entry/exit and it was working fine but I might of changed something by accident when going through the menus. Any ideas which it could be ?

Check the zone is set to entry/exit1 and mapped to area A.

Check that area A is set to Entry/Exit Still and not timed exit

WinTex would be helpful here as it’s easier to see what’s what

Brian

Reply to texecom premier elite in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock