• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Texecom (Veritas) model identification and possible manual in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lando

You know the story, new house, alarm and zero information even regarding the installer although I do know the user code. The problem seems to be the programming, works OK on Part but not on Full, battery in unit is holding charge, sounder battery not checked yet.

Can anyone identify the model from the PCB below? I thought Veritas 8 but after downloading a manual the PCB layout is completely different and none of the manuals I have downloaded match this PCB layout.

Thanks in advance, if anyone has a soft manual for this model I would appreciate a copy.

Texecom (Veritas) model identification and possible manual alarm-board - EletriciansForums.net

pretty sure it's a veritas. if it works on part and not full, i suspect there's a fault on 1 of the zones that is omitted in part set. take each zone pair outof the panel terminals and get a meter across the zone loop.PIRs should read around 10 -12 ohms.

Thanks telectrix and tazz, I had found that manual but the PCB is completely different so do I take it the programming and settings should be the same?

Being a domestic electronics engineer I can understand the hardware but not the functionality.

I see what looks like an 8 pin EProm chip top right and maybe the big chip has ROM as well. I have been reading that 3 taps on the tamper switch forces a factory setting download, presumably to the memory chip.

Am I getting too technical with this?, I doubt there is a faulty component, the symptoms remind me of corrupt memory type stuff, I forgot to mention that I could not get a walk test to work.

Reply to Texecom (Veritas) model identification and possible manual in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back