Discuss The aftermath of a large SWA cable tied to a bridge snagged on a passenger train.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yep, I'm with @elsparko in this. Thanks @Rpa07 .

ok, I had to have a quick look... It does have pics...

45 pages ...................... that must have kept a lot of pen pushers quiet for a while ..............:)

Some people are really good at waffling on and on.

Leave us pen pushers alone... :p

Whoever did it was a knuckle head. Common sense says you don't use nylon cable ties as the only means of supporting a cable in that situation.

This is the very crux of what bugs me today in most spheres. I am putting aside taxpayer money for that report as being vexatious in itself. Plain common sense. Why has someone not put the pieces together and thought Mhmm I wonder if that cable hanging down might catch on a train, better secure it. Is it really that hard?

This is the very crux of what bugs me today in most spheres. I am putting aside taxpayer money for that report as being vexatious in itself. Plain common sense. Why has someone not put the pieces together and thought Mhmm I wonder if that cable hanging down might catch on a train, better secure it. Is it really that hard?
Agree. I had to delete my 2 attempts to express that thought. My bet is there was no where for Concerned Person to contact ...

I think you mean claw or hook cleats not metal ties @SparkyChick :). Looking at the report it is fascinating at around page 30 ish and on it is worth a look as to how BS7671 is used in such an incident. It says there is no specific prescription for what type of fixings but under selection and erection, environmental consideration would come in to play. Thus we know plastic ties especially on the vertical would never never do. I bet someone is crapping themselves waiting for the axe to fall.

Cure * Black all round band, Remove both 6mm roofing bolts holding tray to unistrut place band= Not going anywhere. :thumbsup:

** Replace penny washers around the right way they have a slightly chamfered edge one side it annoys me. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Reply to The aftermath of a large SWA cable tied to a bridge snagged on a passenger train.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock