Discuss The American Dream....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Learn to call sockets, receptacles, RCDS, GFCIs cable Romex, Earth, Ground

From what i know about electricians in Florida as i have a mate who married an american girl and lives in Sarasota its quite regulated, much more than the UK and you have to give your whole life history and even bloody fingerprints! He tried to encourage me to go over but didnt fancy it. He had to work as a sort of assistant/ apprentice for a couple years to get his US qualifications. he was paid a good wage but took time before he could sign stuff off .It can be done though.
have a look at this link to a pdf... if the uk was this regulated the cowboys would stop over night and our earnings would go up!
http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/elboard/documents/elecfaqs.pdf

I would like to visit the States, unfortunately there are a few individuals there full of their own self importance, about 320 million of them.

Getting a job would be hard enough.
Trying to get a Green Card giving entitlement to stay was very difficult, will be impossible now with Trumps crackdown.
Visa's to allow you to work have a total time limit.

What brought me back down to earth when we came home from America is that the wife said it's very different going on holiday somewhere in comparison to living there. I've convinced myself that Australia is the place to go, so that's what I'm aiming for!!

I've convinced myself that Australia is the place to go, so that's what I'm aiming for!!
There will be plenty of contracts coming up in Iraq now the looney squad have been kicked out across the border to Syria. they will be throwing billions at the rebuild so plenty of contracts for the private security companies and corporations such as halliburton to basically rewire a whole city here and there, new sewage and utilities it will be well paid but has its risks - take your own orange jump suit so it fits. although security will be provided by gun toting guards. will suit ex forces types looking for good tax free pay.. I do miss the adventure of my past career in the forces..

Last edited:

Reply to The American Dream....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net