Discuss The Chinese are taking over the forum! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
.... and not just the posts.
Look at the adverts I'm getting now

Untitled.jpg

I run add blocking software on this forum. Don't mind advertising to fund the site, however I can tell these adverts are far from friendly, an I have no idea what malicious links are embedded in them.

The non-electrical adverts shouldn't be there.
They have a little logo and X in the corner which shows they were placed there by "ad-choices" which I believe is linked to Google somehow.
Targetted ads, which doesn't explain the Asian dating sites. (honest!)
The ads basically hijack the site you are viewing and place their content on the page.
I never click on them, but hard to ignore them sometimes.
Near impossible to remove completely.

When viewing on my mobile I have seen a few ads in Chinese language so that would suggest the ads are being automatically placed on the site when the Chinese threads are populating it.

It's wearing a bit thin now, google sometimes asks me if I want to translate the page before viewing it. The 5 second cloudflare thing doesn't seem to be having any positive effect at all.

thats nothing, i almost choked on my coffee the other day on the forum! there was an ad for a 'vibrating poker' at first i thought it was some sort of sex toy but alas i was disappointed.. it was for concrete pouring to remove air bubbles

I never click on the ads but some are funny so I don't mind.

Yep the spam is just ridiculous, I actually feel sorry for the Mods, the clean up operation must be very tiresome.

I don't think the clean up of the Chinese spammers will be all that tiresome, from what I've seen it's only ever a couple of accounts created at a time. Just delete those.

I can see it getting frustrating having to do it everyday though!

Reply to The Chinese are taking over the forum! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net