Discuss The difference between a registered scheme & standard bs7671 condition report in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Whats the merit between a niceic/napit/elecsa certificate vs a standard bs7671 certificate (available online) for a condition/periodic report?

Why join a scheme when its not statutory?

The Report format in BS7671 is informative and you do not have to abide by this although it makes sense to. The scheme formats often require too much information on the schedules and can be time consuming, we have devised our own from the 7671 format.

The Report format in BS7671 is informative and you do not have to abide by this although it makes sense to. The scheme formats often require too much information on the schedules and can be time consuming, we have devised our own from the 7671 format.

I always understood the ones in the big book contained the minimum information.

I think, as well as the differences in the paperwork, the main issue is people or organisations accepting the reports. How common is it for insurance companies, solicitors, estate agents, building control etc. to insist on nic paperwork, although they seem to be slowly acknowledging the existence of the other schemes. A report or cert that is not from a scam member is, rightly or wrongly, often not accepted by these people. I suppose it's the only way they have of at least having a chance of knowing that the paperwork is correct or genuine.

I use the generic ones from the iet website. The ones from schemes want you to fill in too much info that is not really needed. Simplicity is the key as it saves time. I also think the iet forms are better understood by the customer

Reply to The difference between a registered scheme & standard bs7671 condition report in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock