Discuss The DNO AND SEALS in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

Right ho here the scenarion shop just taken over a lease , DNO have cut off the supply due to previouse tenant failing to pay their bill , all arrange to go in 8 am for reconnection , and for me to carry out an inspection and variouse works cdu upgrade ,13/4 drive through the narrow lanes of the welsh country side ( if you have ever been round porthmadog are you'll understand what i mean )get there 7.45 started doing the inspections burnt out meter tails nice so changed board added new tails stripped and terminated ready for the DNO guy to install and reinstate the supply all dead tests done ,twice , no DNO , so by 3.30 im getting a bit well frustrated main earth to the cut out TNCS ready to go in as existing was 2.5 , still no sign , new the cutout was still live as it had a sticker on it telling me so , so what amp i suposed to do . wait na cut the seals replaced the tails cut Cut out install new earth re seal and away , but couldnt do the live tests , i could have installed the fuse id got one but think that may be pushing it , but what are we sparks suposed to do were ment to inform the DNO we did they never turned up and now ive got another journey 1 3/4 each way so realy its another day all at the cost to the customer:mad:

Right ho here the scenarion shop just taken over a lease , DNO have cut off the supply due to previouse tenant failing to pay their bill , all arrange to go in 8 am for reconnection , and for me to carry out an inspection and variouse works cdu upgrade ,13/4 drive through the narrow lanes of the welsh country side ( if you have ever been round porthmadog are you'll understand what i mean )get there 7.45 started doing the inspections burnt out meter tails nice so changed board added new tails stripped and terminated ready for the DNO guy to install and reinstate the supply all dead tests done ,twice , no DNO , so by 3.30 im getting a bit well frustrated main earth to the cut out TNCS ready to go in as existing was 2.5 , still no sign , new the cutout was still live as it had a sticker on it telling me so , so what amp i suposed to do . wait na cut the seals replaced the tails cut Cut out install new earth re seal and away , but couldnt do the live tests , i could have installed the fuse id got one but think that may be pushing it , but what are we sparks suposed to do were ment to inform the DNO we did they never turned up and now ive got another journey 1 3/4 each way so realy its another day all at the cost to the customer:mad:

It just illustrates the farce!

Competent persons not allowed to isolate the load and remove the fuse, pathetic!

The scheme providers should really be pushing this one, it affects all of us!

I shall be bringing this up with the ESC at harrogate also the fact that a good majority of thier cutouts are labled 100 amp when we know dam well its 60 or 80 amp so why cant they lable as we have to !!

Reply to The DNO AND SEALS in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net