Discuss The drawbacks of been a sparks! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Working in a factory today and we had a 2 second power outage, 40 faces looked my way as most of the cnc's stopped part job... I tend not to blame the ice cream man for hot weather but ain't it strange he's always around!
During my travels mainly with the same gang of Blokes, it was always bluudy electricians this and that, why don'y you go and annoy, someone else, that is of course until their chargers wont work, or the fuse goes in the extension lead, then it's Pete this and Pete that, where is Pete I need to speak to him, took great pleasure at telling them to Fox trot Oscar, I' m to busy at the moment be about 30 mins.

Not just power outages.... anything remotely electrical.

Computer frozen - bloody sparky
Smoke alarm peep - bloody sparky
Watch stopped - bloody sparky
No phone signal - yeah ok.... that one was me.

Thats nothing I got blamed for BREXIT.. woman who I was working for is a proper leftie liberal with her blue EU beret and lib dem badge telling me we are all doomed and said it was working class tradespeople like yourself (meaning me) that voted out because we were lied to! suffice to say I charged her an extra hour for the work! afterall I am a stupid tradesperson I must have calculated the invoice wrong...

When I worked in a factory doing maintenance, I used to occasionally use an office computer to check my bank balance, or sometimes to look up manufacturer’s instructions and data sheets.
One day as I went to use a computer, I was told I was no longer allowed to.
I quizzed the Managing Director and was told it was because of all the viruses they’d been getting.
I was still allowed to install and set up PCs and network printers and of course to sort out any problems the authorised users were having.

nope. in fact i've almost forgot how to use them now.

I used to have one of those sharpeners that self-fed the pencil in as it was sharpening.

I have not changed the batteries in my slide rule for over 40yrs, is there anyone who can still remember how to use one, I have no idea,

View attachment 47413
No Mate sorry, when I was an Apprentice, we had lessons at College on how to use them, clever bit of kit but it was an art that I never really mastered, got by OK, but I was glad when Calculators came along.

A few years back I turned up at an industrial laundry to install a load of dado trunking, I had just got into the room to see where the trunking was going when the manger came bursting through the door. "WHAT HAVE YOU BLOWN?!" he shouted at me "WHY HAS THE BATCH WASHER STOPPED?!" I was rather shocked to be blamed especially as I was the other end of the building to the machine...

I want you to guarantee that that A/C you have just installed will never breakdown, Pillock Boss

Reply to The drawbacks of been a sparks! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net