Discuss The end is nigh,but keep on trucking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Looking forward to the new year & celebrations,hoping for a much better one.
The workmanship I’ve found over this time,been quite appalling.
The contradiction of the 18th,lack of actual skills,basic requirements concerning Rcd protection,Main Earth conductors,Main Earth bonding conductors,the list is endless,& performed by so called Electricians.
Let the show begin,I’m in a really grumpy mode today .

I'm still waiting to hear guidance on how we are supposed to "calculate" earth leakage in our designs .........

If I didn't do notifiable work, I wouldn't be a scheme member or have bought the error ridden 18th Edition! (not done the exam yet!)

New Cooker tripping RCD, being the last.
Need help with Meter / housemate using too much electric.
etc, etc.

I forgot the (often rude) DIY posters - the 2 above being classic examples why I'm only on here these days when I have time to waste

I forgot the (often rude) DIY posters - the 2 above being classic examples why I'm only on here these days when I have time to waste
As an electrician and a forum user I have to say I think the problem is a bit of both,some of the posters are rude but equally some of the responses from some forum members are unnecessarily rude and borderline abusive at times. It's just like real life if you give out a bad attitude you will get it straight back;)

I really do not understand why members go into threads if they do not like the title or what is going on inside. It is the equivalent of watching every movie at a cinema, four movies are rubbish and only one is good and then moaning about the whole cinema and saying I am not bothering with cinemas any more. Surely the correct response is to just choose your movies more carefully?

I'm still waiting to hear guidance on how we are supposed to "calculate" earth leakage in our designs .........

Hear from who? Nobody is going to come along and spoon feed you information you have to go out and find these things out for yourself.
Applying a bit if common sense I think calculating predicted earth leakage would mean looking at the known loads and likely loads and adding up their earth leakage then maybe applying a diversity factor as you see fit.

So if you have an office with 30 desks in it allow for 30 computer stations, a printer etc.

As an electrician and a forum user I have to say I think the problem is a bit of both,some of the posters are rude but equally some of the responses from some forum members are unnecessarily rude and borderline abusive at times. It's just like real life if you give out a bad attitude you will get it straight back;)
There's the Statler and Waldorf complex that some people have, bitching from the balcony to pass the boredom.

There's also missed humor and sarcasm that don't come across well in text.

..and finally there's the frustration at total muppets attempting things they have no right in trying, in a vain attempt to save a few quid, without considering the perils they are putting themselves and others in.

this threads seems to be continuing as a right moan.so i'll contribute.... price of beer and smokes... diabolical. cost of IET publications ( with or without mistakes) daylight robbery.... having to join a scam to be able to work.... beyond belief. and that's without them pesky arabs and the UK government robbing us blind on the cost of fuel.

I'll follow with the moaning then....
The ingredients for cheesecake costing more than buying a cheesecake..... whats that about....

I'll follow with the moaning then....
The ingredients for cheesecake costing more than buying a cheesecake..... whats that about....

Guaranteed the ingredients you're buying for your cheesecake are not the ingredients in the ready made cheesecake. Yours will be a far superior product. If you think cheesecake is cheap, try buying it by the slice at a coffee shop.

I Think the ones that use the forum to fill their days and do nothing but moan , should set up a facebook page and use that to have their mothers meetings.
Then there's the ones that spending every waking minute on here starting pointless threads full of Drivel, it's quite sad really and I'm pretty sure they could find another pastime.
That's my observation for the day.

Technology put's you in touch with a county wide team .
I miss publications that had a "this months -Teaser" fault finding situation.
I can understand the potential to get hooked ,
( You are you own teams manager- Screen out annoyances !)
--Now whats that Dubai automated construction industry up to--

I Think the ones that use the forum to fill their days and do nothing but moan , should set up a facebook page and use that to have their mothers meetings.
Then there's the ones that spending every waking minute on here starting pointless threads full of Drivel, it's quite sad really and I'm pretty sure they could find another pastime.

Is it me or have I just found the subtext in this post :D
Don't think so.

You cheeky sod editing my post ... if it wasn't for you pesky kids I'd have got away with that.

Last edited:
Cheer up...It's meant to be fun? ;)

Rules are simple...give a bit of help...have some fun...do not take every bit of text,too seriously...and most importantly,apply that to oneself.

As for needy clients? ...they have been ringing me spoons off,to no avail...as i have been making stock from turkey dinosaur bones,and entertaining my children ;)

Strength and honour,team :cool:

I get what you're saying, dude.
I've obviously hit rock bottom recently, judging by my massive increase in personal posting traffic over the last few months.

Must get out more :D:D:D

I get what you're saying, dude.
I've obviously hit rock bottom recently, judging by my massive increase in personal posting traffic over the last few months.

Must get out more :D:D:D

Yeah I noticed you've been busy mate, I didn't mean people who post lots of good stuff or even just humorous posts, I'm on about when we get members who spend all day moaning about everything, I thought that was what Facebook was for.

Reply to The end is nigh,but keep on trucking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock