Discuss The Fun Starts. The Next Build in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

Some rough drawings in, meeting scheduled in for next week.

Measured drawings have been done a year to two ago before anyone asks.

As is,

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 17.57.45.jpg

the only books i'm buying in future ( apart from Jack Higgins and Lee Child offerings ) will be the idiots guide to building a mobility scooter.i've already got the power plant... a 250 cc Villiers 2 stroke twin.

That loft looks complicated, why not just go up a full storey with a flat roof if there's a height limitation. would probably work out cheaper and give more space.

That loft looks complicated, why not just go up a full storey with a flat roof if there's a height limitation. would probably work out cheaper and give more space.
Conservation area so not allowed, I "may" get away by raising the ridge by 15cm full removal of roof will cost £'s and if I could I would build up the party walls and add RSG's across.

Should increase the space from 95m2 to 150m2.

Yeah, just a thought, I figured the roof complexity was probably because of of building regs.

Are those long walls either side your boundary walls?

Yeah, just a thought, I figured the roof complexity was probably because of of building regs.

Are those long walls either side your boundary walls?
Terrace house so party walls, I'd rather build them up but have a meeting with my architect on Monday to go through options, to be honest if I go through the whole hog and do all the work then I should just sell the house and move, I may ditch the loft extension as the costs will mount up, not looking for much change out of £250k

Ah, never thought about terraced house, we don't get them here. Your neighbours are gonna love you with an extensive renovation like that :D

Ah, never thought about terraced house, we don't get them here. Your neighbours are gonna love you with an extensive renovation like that :D
My neighbours did a full gut basically left a shell and built from scratch, I have no issues progress is progress. I live in London the house is 112 years old and needs some work doing to it.

Will rent in either Poland or Seven/Dorset while the build progresses.

Reply to The Fun Starts. The Next Build in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net