Discuss the new iet model forms, how do you interpret them in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all
I noticed the new iet model forms no longer have live to neutral IR testing column. They do have L-L IR column, but im assuming thats for 3 phase, wondered what you guys think. all input appreciated

The model forms always contained Live/Live and Live/Earth. This of course applies to single phase as well as polyphase. Live/Live applies to all live conductors. Why wouldn't it?

Hi all
I noticed the new iet model forms no longer have live to neutral IR testing column. They do have L-L IR column, but im assuming thats for 3 phase, wondered what you guys think. all input appreciated

L-L can mean L-N in Single phase circuits. The neutral is classed as a line conductor too.

reading his post got worried then. I must not be reading the test certs
wright. please could you tell the IEE to stop confusing people that can not read the appendix on EIC, EICR, MIC test forms.

wow, maybe need to slow it down if im not to get barked at here. i am aware that neutral is classed as a live. Im also aware that if you go to iet.org & look at their model form for an eicr you will see it is not the same as it used to be. It previously had 4 columns L-L which was for 3 phase, a column for L-N A column for L-E & a column for N-E So I am trying to get my head around what they are trying to say with new style forms which has just two columns. apologies if I wasn't in-depth enough for some!

incidentally, you will find easycert also follow the new style IET forms, however there is a function within the software to change it back to 4 column if you desire

Reply to the new iet model forms, how do you interpret them in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net