Discuss The TRUSTMARK scheme-Is it worth it? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markharris

Hello guys, I'm thinking about registering with the trustmark scheme, but have noticed I will have to up my insurance to £10 million, is the extra cost and the £58 worth it? Or since registering has it made no difference to your influx of work.....I'd like to know before spending the money.

Many Thanks

Hello guys, I'm thinking about registering with the trustmark scheme, but have noticed I will have to up my insurance to £10 million, is the extra cost and the £58 worth it? Or since registering has it made no difference to your influx of work.....I'd like to know before spending the money.

Many Thanks

Don't waste your cash. It has it's good points but it won't generate any work

I've just paid an extra £30 quid to register with them through elecsa but no mention of £10 million Liability and elecsa require £2 to become a member but if I have to up it then I'll be having my £30 back will keep you updated when I speak to them

I have been with elecsa trustmark for 2 or 3 months now and have never been asked to increase my PL to 10 million.

I put the logo on my letter heads etc and mention what its all about etc. It has got me a few jobs especially with the elderly.

Ian

Many Thanks

Don`t waste your time and money on Trustmark. Total waste of time.

Along similar lines, I recently rang my County Council to get myself removed from their Trusted Trader scheme - they were NOT happy and asked why. When I replied that I didn`t see why I should pay for them to justify their own existence AND to keep them sitting on their ***** it went very quiet.

They got a bit worked up - can't think why ............ another Christmas card I WON'T be getting this year!

I`m sure that I`ll survive the stigma.:D

I have been with elecsa trustmark for 2 or 3 months now and have never been asked to increase my PL to 10 million.

I put the logo on my letter heads etc and mention what its all about etc. It has got me a few jobs especially with the elderly.

Ian

It has worked for me also, the elderly like it and I've also had a couple of calls from people who have found me on trustamark website, it's easy worth my £30

When I replied that I didn`t see why I should pay for them to justify their own existence AND to keep them sitting on their ***** it went very quiet.

lol

My experience is that TRUSTMARK was never really useable. No work ever arose from the scheme.

One scheme that was really effective for me was the 'buy with confidence scheme'. It's arranged between the trading standards and local authorities. If the local authorities of your area run such a scheme it may be worth looking into.

It's just another government quango trying to justify their existence by claiming to do something beneficial for someone else.

It may get you a £30 quid job for Mrs Jones but most construction companies dont know or care.

I'd agree with the majority. I was with trustmark. Total waste of time, won't bother again.
To the OP:
If you are trying to get trustmark approval on your own i.e. not through one of the scheme providers, it will cost you a fortune. If you are registered with NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa or BSI then you're best to do it through them it will cost you alot less.

Don't waste your cash. It has it's good points but it won't generate any work

Sheesh....... us guys should get together and create a scheme that doesn't cost the end-user anything....

So many schemes, everything costs a fortune, its all a flippin tax - really gets on my nerves... i wouldn't sign up out of principal unless a guaranteed job requested it and was worth the money, but thats the bench they have you over isn't it...

There are so many ripoff schemes out there that now companies have like 15 logos at the bottom of a letterhead/website, its in-sane :mad::mad::mad: Grrrrrr!!

I dont see what all the fuss is about..

Its Only £30 + Vat for a year..

Ive aready had one job from being trustmark registered off an elderly couple, that job has paid for me to be a trustmark member for the next 4 years.

Even if it gets me 1 job a year, or even 1 job every 2 years, it was worth it..

If it was a expensive to join it i wouldnt bother.. but i dont think £35 breaks the bank.

I dont see what all the fuss is about..

Its Only £30 + Vat for a year..

Ive aready had one job from being trustmark registered off an elderly couple, that job has paid for me to be a trustmark member for the next 4 years.

Even if it gets me 1 job a year, or even 1 job every 2 years, it was worth it..

If it was a expensive to join it i wouldnt bother.. but i dont think £35 breaks the bank.

Do you get it via your scheme provider?

Reply to The TRUSTMARK scheme-Is it worth it? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net