Discuss Theft from van in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SDELEC

seasons greetings to all except the lowlife who broke into my van today at tescos in purley.They managed to cut through the central locking cable by putting a cheese wire? through the gap between the front edge of the drivers door and the chassis and shorting out the lock. Once in it is possible by flicking the passenger door lock on & off to open the side door to the rear of the van, hey presto.
didnt guess a thing when i came out of the shop. went to next job and was puzzled as to why the tools i had put by the back door of the van were now down the front & also miffed to find the driver door would not lock with the key fob only manually. i noticed the rubber sleeve in the door edge was worm through and the wires also but still didnt click!! took the van round to my local mechanic on the way home and he was a bit puzzled as he said he had only seen that kind of wear and tear once. Got home and needed my dewalt 18v drill, gone, looked around the van makita angle grinder gone and also a site jigsaw. . To take the ultimate**** they left behind my cheap and nasty mains b&Q sds drill.
Hey ho, Off to buy a van vault and some hasp and padlocks tomorrow.:mad::(

I feel your pain, mate. Had mine done out of my garage a few months back. Sorry to hear about it, but unforunately that's the world we live in. Our rates will have to up soon on account of how long it takes to load the van in the monrning and lock everything away at night after a job. Scum.

Cheers AMP David, I have checked out the site, I have emailed them to see if any product is available to protect the wiring looms in the front doors as this is where they cut mine.
I am just thankful that my megger was at home today!!.

Cheers Lofty, I will give them a bell in the morning. Apparently this is a common problem with ford connects, ive driven them for 5 years in total and know loads of others who did/do too, never heard of it before!!

How I wish it was legal to use electricity for our own protection.

These scrotes need them taking off without anaesthetic, and then fed back to them, slowly.

My soap box is well and truly out tonight.

Maybe someone should take my keyboard away before I say what I really think......

Hi sdelec

sorry to here that mate

scroats and the more the current economic situation bites the more of these scroats will be out there leeching of hardworking decent people

cant say what i want to or i may get in trouble

sorry to hear that mate. is there anyway of getting the local plod down for the videos of the cctv in the car park? just a thought that they might be able to get a reg plate if they turned up in a car or something

sorry to hear that mate. is there anyway of getting the local plod down for the videos of the cctv in the car park? just a thought that they might be able to get a reg plate if they turned up in a car or something

Ive reported it online and will get a call back within 72 hours !! I think there is some cctv there.might give tescos a call and let them know

Hi SDELEC
sorry to hear of your misfortune. Though, I think its going to get a lot worse, In the current economic climate. with all the cuts, the police wont be able to lock the thieving B******DS away. Hope things get better for you.
Gary

Sorry dude that's unlucky, I recently upgraded my alarm system to try and prevent it from happening, the cost was £440.00 for that the van is alarmed inside via microwave sensors in the front and back, impact sensors on all doors, panels, roof, windows, which cannot be bypassed, if you breach the cable the alarm keeps going, the whole thing covered, after that all the kit is linked together via steel rope security locks linked through the anchor points inside and then to each other, the van alarm system is linked to a pager that will alert me if any of the sensors are triggered, and also my phone, so my hope is it is not a thiefs best option. The tech that fitted even commented that you couldn't fit anything else to it, it should be bulletproof.
I figured that £440.00 balanced off against kit, didn't even compare, it is well worth it......I can give you the company name if your interested, they cover the south west though so depends where you are.
Agree though we should be able to wire the van up and give them a bite if they try and get in, sadly not

Sorry dude that's unlucky, I recently upgraded my alarm system to try and prevent it from happening, the cost was £440.00 for that the van is alarmed inside via microwave sensors in the front and back, impact sensors on all doors, panels, roof, windows, which cannot be bypassed, if you breach the cable the alarm keeps going, the whole thing covered, after that all the kit is linked together via steel rope security locks linked through the anchor points inside and then to each other, the van alarm system is linked to a pager that will alert me if any of the sensors are triggered, and also my phone, so my hope is it is not a thiefs best option. The tech that fitted even commented that you couldn't fit anything else to it, it should be bulletproof.
I figured that £440.00 balanced off against kit, didn't even compare, it is well worth it......I can give you the company name if your interested, they cover the south west though so depends where you are.
Agree though we should be able to wire the van up and give them a bite if they try and get in, sadly not
Yeh you are right I estimate this is going to cost me about £450 in repairs and new tools, luckily the van was not loaded right up and the tools they stole were bottom of the range dewalt & makita. So £440 sounds a good investment. I am in south east so might try one round here first but thanks anyway.

Cat 1 alarm system, as listed above microwave and impact sensors everywhere with pager, it's the way to go pal, also the stell wire locks are from you local very large BRIGHT ORANGE DIY SHOP, they cost me 20 each i have 5 of them, I even have one through the cable I have on the spooler, and it is a bit of a pain linking up and locking off every day, but a small price to pay, also the other benefit is that it saves me having to kepp shouting at the wife in the middle of the night to check that the van is alright, the pager is always armed so she only has to get up if that goes off!

Sympathies fella, I hope that the pikey (and before anyone tries giving me all the PC b*******, F*** off I ain't interested) who done it dies in a nasty fireball. I know that its a long shot, considering that the whole of Purley is one big Pikey site, but it may really be worth having a nose around some of the pubs in the area. Chances are that the scrotes who done it will be trying to flog your gear within a mile of that Tesco. You could also ask around in these pubs about the most likely suspects. It may just pay off. Good luck fella.

Reply to Theft from van in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net