Discuss thermodynamics, is it all that's its cracked up to be in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lee8980

Just gauging opinion, due to my impending annual solar PV mcs assessment , we have been approached by a couple of wholesalers about installing thermodynamics, after looking at the data available on the net and the cost of the kits I am thinking of adding it as a second technology at my assessment.

The claims of the company seem too good to be true, what is anyone's opinion regarding thermodynamics? Is it the next "big thing"? Can the homeowner qualify for grants or incentives under green deal RHI? New area to me but a very good plumber friend of mine is keen to give this a go together.

Your advice/ experience/ pessimism / knowledge and thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Lee

Thermodynamics is a branch of physics mate... Thermodynamics affects everything and everyone, it's to do with forms of energy (heat, entropy, pressure etc)

"Installing thermodynamics" is just impossible!

Sorry What I meant was the thermodynamic solar thermal system that claims to work 24/7 to heat "100 %" of your hot water requirements, thermogroup and cleaner air solutions appear to be the two main wholesalers of the kits, have you ever came accross the product DNS1?

Sorry mate, all my thermodynamic experience comes from lecture theatres at university.

To be honest it sounds too good to be true. I'm sure someone on here has experience though.

Forgot to add they are made by a company called ENERGIE and appear to have been around for a while

How a Refrigerator Works:

A refrigerator extracts heat from a central chamber by passing a liquid refrigerant at low temperature in the walls of the fridge. Heat flows from hot to cold surfaces. The refrigerant is lower in temperature than the air in the central chamber, thus heat flows from the air, to the refrigerant reducing the temperature of the central chamber, increasing the temperature of the refrigerant until it changes state into a gas.
A compressor then compresses the gas to a higher temperature and pressure.
It then passes through a condenser coil on the back of the fridge, releasing heat into the atmosphere as the gas cools.
The gas then changes state back into a liquid and the refrigerant is throttled back to its original state, before passing back into the fridge chamber to recommence the cycle.

- So a refrigerator extracts energy from the air in its central chamber using a cold refrigerant and releases this energy on the black condensor fins at the rear of the fridge.

How Thermodynamic Solar Panels Work:

Thermodynamic Solar Panels, are aluminium panels which transport a cold liquid. This refrigerant extracts heat from the surrounding warmer air causing it to change state from a liquid into a gas. This gas then gets compressed with a compressor to a higher temperature and pressure. It then passes through a condensing coil submerged in a water cylinder. Water in the cylinder extracts heat from the condensor, warming the water and cooling the refrigerant. The refrigerant reverts back into a liquid and gets throttled to return it to its original state and pressure.
The cold refrigerant gets passed back into the Thermodynamic Solar panels and the cycle recommences.

Thermodynamic solar panels, are simply heat pumps taking energy from one location and moving it to another, just like fridges do.

They are merely a re-assignment of an older technology, in a newer environment.

Thermodynamic Solar Panel Information / Installation:

Thermodynamic Solar Panels Save Energy Group - YouTube

Last edited:
Forgot to add they are made by a company called ENERGIE and appear to have been around for a while
Lee did you buy a system from energie. I bought one in 2012 and it costs more to run than my combi boiler £140 gas thermodynamic £500 a year, I was mis led into the " its going to get tariffs, It failed this year and I am going to court, what company fit system if any. any help or info I live at Seaham "local lad". I have lost £4200 cost £200 year interest and costs me £360 year more to run. thanks.

Take note of the timeline, this is 5yrs old and lee hasn't been on the site for a long time if you click on his avatar its says since 2016, don't expect a reply fro him ;)

I have the energie 250 thermoldynamics hot water system its 4 years old and the Heat Wave HWB-18cx expansion tank has bust at the welded nipple ( weld failed) now installers say its NOT part of there system. no warranty. the lad who came out says he has had to change a couple of this tanks. any thoughts.

Reply to thermodynamics, is it all that's its cracked up to be in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock