Discuss Thermostat timer settings in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nobblytanner

I have inherited a fully working underfloor heating system, but can't work out the instructions for the timer that controls the thermostat!

http://www.swegonhomesolutions.dk/G...ling units/Compact Air (-2007)/_en/CACZ05.pdf

I followed the instructions, setting up the switch in time and switch out time, but nothing happened. I don't get what the 'impuls' setting means, and whether this is the key to it?
(heating definitely works fine when manually switched on, and the timer is talking to the thermostat).
I just can't work out why it does not kick in at the switch in time, and whether the impulse thing has something to do with it?

(the timer is discontinued by manufacturers of course, but I hate replacing something if it can be avoided!)

Any thoughts much appreciated

Looking at the manual it seems to be 3 different options when programming, either Switch In, Switch Out or Impuls, I reckon Switch In means turn on, Switch out means turn off and then Impuls means it will give short periods of heat for a short amount of time.

Normally the best way to use UFH is to leave it on constantly at a low temperature and use it as a stoarge heater as it won't heat up instantly like if you had radiators programmed.

Reply to Thermostat timer settings in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have very old underfloor heating with thermostats. I'd like to replace the thermostats with timer/thermostats if possible. The current...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Have been asked to wire one of these into a heating system that has no separate control (or valves) for HW & CH. Customer is going...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock