Discuss Thermostat wiring help............... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Baker1988

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi i have got a thermostat its a plumb center room thermostat and the instructions are not very clear i have a 3 core and earth at the point to connect it and this is the drawing.

I am thinking 1 live 2 neutral and 4 switch live but im honestly not sureThermostat wiring help............... Screenshot_20180529-143834_Adobe Acrobat - EletriciansForums.net Thermostat wiring help............... Screenshot_20180529-143834_Adobe Acrobat - EletriciansForums.net

Yeah it is for a combi boiler and looking at it again yes i think you are right 1 perm live and 3 switch live and 2 neutral thanks

Yeah it is for a combi boiler and looking at it again yes i think you are right 1 perm live and 3 switch live and 2 neutral thanks
I think a programmer/programmable room stat would be more appropriate if it’s for a combi boiler as how will you be able to set your heating with just a mechanical stat?

I think a programmer/programmable room stat would be more appropriate if it’s for a combi boiler as how will you be able to set your heating with just a mechanical stat?
Boiler might have a built in timer. Like this one for an ideal logic for example. Ideal Logic 24 hour mechanical timer kit | Priority Plumbing - https://www.priorityplumbing.co.uk/ideal-logic-24-hour-mechanical-timer-kit-HC204839?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6NvB2LSr2wIVorztCh31pAXKEAQYBCABEgKzq_D_BwE

No there is not a programmer already installed, i think it will be in the boiler but no boiler installed yet, its on a site i am working on there are 25 houses all woth the same in its all wired as to the specs basically a fused spur in the kitchen ring circuit and a 3core and cpc to the thermostat position and a 5 core to where the boiler will be next to it, its not the best design but its what my supervisor has said to do, i just was not sure about the wiring for the stat but having looked at it now i can see what it is but at the time my brain was just not working.

pretty sure on new build now you need at least 1 heating zone per floor so you would need two stats and valves for the heating controlled by a 2 channel programmer or programable stats

A
pretty sure on new build now you need at least 1 heating zone per floor so you would need two stats and valves for the heating controlled by a 2 channel programmer or programable stats
A site we work on has the house on 1 zone and ‘bedroom 1’ on its own separate zone.
Other sites have 1 floor on one and one on the other.
Always have a programmer in bedroom 1 tho if 2 zone
My home was built in 2014 and only has the one zone.

part l building regs
Every home must be divided into at least two heating zones. Living and sleeping areas (zones) must be controlled at different temperatures by means of a thermostat.

If the dwelling is under 150m2 then there is no requirement to zone the heating if all rads have thermostatic rad valves apart from where the room temp thermostat is installed. This had been the case since 2013.

part l building regs
Every home must be divided into at least two heating zones. Living and sleeping areas (zones) must be controlled at different temperatures by means of a thermostat.
so my back boiler behind the living room coal fire is non compliant, being as how it heats the whole house, the dog house and the shed that has it's electrics supplied by a 2.5mm T/E clipped along the fence, with a tapped off spur to the chicken run in some old flex off the garden pond.

so my back boiler behind the living room coal fire is non compliant, being as how it heats the whole house, the dog house and the shed that has it's electrics supplied by a 2.5mm T/E clipped along the fence, with a tapped off spur to the chicken run in some old flex off the garden pond.

no that's two zones the living room and the rest off the back boiler fully compliant as far as I can see

Reply to Thermostat wiring help............... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock