Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss This is how it should be in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Zdb

Zdb 0.00000000000000001Ω

All in the same place and all free :D

20190209_184152.jpg 20190209_184208.jpg 20190209_184225.jpg 20190209_184242.jpg 20190209_184303.jpg

Found these photos on Google image. I definitely wouldn't break the law in this manor.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Vortigern

Vortigern Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Sooooo.... linK???

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    my bgb was like that, but got tatty after a couple of years.

4. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

Thought the point of the OSG, was that you could shove it in your tool bag and take it to site with you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zdb

Zdb 0.00000000000000001Ω

Another advantage of this method is that you can replace all of the errors that were released in the corrigendum.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zdb

Zdb 0.00000000000000001Ω

All of those documents and many more fit in my pocket and can be accessed at anytime. Provided that my phone is charged.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DefyG

DefyG Regular EF Member

Agreed!
    the clue is in the heading - 'On Site - Guide', it is meant to be taken to and used On Site, not stuffed in a filing cabinet/system somewhere.

8. l4urence

l4urence Regular EF Member

Personally, I would prefer rid of the printed book and get a cheaper monthly / annual subscription - download. Updates can then be pretty slick and no need to buy the book. Viewable on phone / tablet / desktop. Saying that... would still buy a printed OSG. Printed 7671 provided by exam centres for the exam. I can already do this BUT have to buy the printed book as well.

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Newly Qualified Sparky Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    DF Electrical Services
    You can get the BS7671 & on site guide in a digital format, I think I paid £79.99 last year for an annual subscription for the 17th, then I got the 18th as soon as it came out.

10. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

I worked with someone who was doing the Initial Verification on a power station we were constructing.
    He supposedly had a subscription which gave him the Regs, OSG and all the GNs.
    He could never seem to get a signal or have enough charge in his phone to access anything.

11. l4urence

l4urence Regular EF Member

That's funny! Didn't realise that. I assumed it was a download that verified subscription - not that you had to be online! Like Office 365, I don't have to be online to use it.

12. Rpa07

Rpa07 4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    You can download as much as you want to a tablet or laptop but if you don’t then you will rely on a signal. You buy a tablet with big enough storage and upgrade from a ZX81 probably!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Fitzy

Fitzy Newly Qualified Sparky Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    DF Electrical Services
    Yes, it downloads to your tablet/phone, so you can access it wherever or wherever you are.