Discuss this might be a wind up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bugsy

Just had a phone call this guy is a bit concerned about a job he's just had done , he said it's all wired in white flex (could have been fp. not too concerned ) then he said that each floor (ground and first ) plugs into a commando rcd socket nearly fell off my chair laughing apparently it was carried out by two lithuanians - I m going to have a look Monday
I wiil report on monday -- can'y belive it def sounds like a wind up

we priced a job for a load of extra lights in a shop, just a load of 6ft fittings. Put our price in, didn't get the job. Turned out the shop keeper decided to get a couple of Polish electricians to do it cheap.

Turned out same thing, white flex for the full wiring, cliped directly to the plasterboard ceiling from one light to the next.

Looked mint!

get some pictures !!!! if its true i think LABC / one of the big guys ECA / NIC need to be informed as they may want to run a dont trust your distant neighbour to do some work campaign!!

get some pictures !!!! if its true i think LABC / one of the big guys ECA / NIC need to be informed as they may want to run a dont trust your distant neighbour to do some work campaign!!

but yes serves him right!!! hate cheapskates!! i would condem his intallation and ring Distributor and get them to pull Fuse!!! that would fettle him!!

Last edited by a moderator:
wiring probably acceptable in their country,not ours what is it going to take before something goes bang,someone gets fried and the british electrician gets a bad name for it,send cant send em home,i think change of career soon maybe,ive seen some really bad/dangerous work the past few years from this recession and people cutting back on a highlly skilled competent trained insured "electriciian" yes this is what we do/are were trained to be,someone somewhere it will happen ,bang oh call 999,dont blame the "real electricians" should need to show a card or have a license just like gas safe or something and anyone knowingly having work done by cowboy,both he and client should be cautioned for breaking the law like yanks/aussies.

Electrical installatoins can be to Bs 7671 or any other acceptable standard :)

Perhaps they followed
Lithuania standard 1st edition :rolleyes:

It superceeds candles and torch flares in that progressive part of the world

i dont think they even got to the first edition yet!!

last time i checked the guy writing it got electrocuted and sadly had to be executed for interfering with government property..!!! :) shame his publication written in chalk was smudged by peasants looting his once proud Tin Hut

Just out of curiosity i wonder if they gave him a certificate..!! maybe even the guarantee for the extension leads..!! any thing????

My missus is Russian, she lived there til she was 13 (she doesn't talk funny, can't get her to do a sexy accent and call me 'Mr Bond', no matter how hard I try). She was telling me the other day when I was having a rant about the poor workmanship of the bleedin' (insert eastern European country). She said she remembers when she was a kid her flat's fuse (1 fuse for the whole flat) went. They rang the electricians but they were all **** lying on the floor from the night before. Her dad had to LITERALLY go down to the electricians building, drag one of them up by his lapels and LITERALLY put a bottle of vodka 3 inches from his face and walk backwards to entice him into the flat! A-la carrot and donkey situation. Then hide the bottle and say he can't have it until he fixes the fuse (which to be honest he probably just put a nail in so that he could have that sweet, sweet vodka). YAY FOR COMMUNISM!

Im glad to report this was total wind up instigated by my misses, my sonS , and brother in law !!
I WILL GET THEM BACK

Tell them its too late in the day for explanations,we are angry, we are invading tonight
We are calling it the charge of the light brigade

Go and do some work boys. You know there are people which are not british and able to do a job properly. It's a kind of insulting especiacially that i'm Polish and working in your country as an electrician for last 6 years. Don't blame them for where they from. Blame for what they have done. Me personally know plenty of British electrician which thinks that know stuff. They know F... All by the way.

As all of you would say: "Nothing personal guys"

Ta

wiring probably acceptable in their country,not ours what is it going to take before something goes bang,someone gets fried and the british electrician gets a bad name for it,send cant send em home,i think change of career soon maybe,ive seen some really bad/dangerous work the past few years from this recession and people cutting back on a highlly skilled competent trained insured "electriciian" yes this is what we do/are were trained to be,someone somewhere it will happen ,bang oh call 999,dont blame the "real electricians" should need to show a card or have a license just like gas safe or something and anyone knowingly having work done by cowboy,both he and client should be cautioned for breaking the law like yanks/aussies.

Maybe it is time to start a petition???

Yeah, schemes and the term and meaning behind competent person needs proper public awareness.

Reply to this might be a wind up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock