Discuss This morning's bit of handy work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought id share my work with you, I did this board change this morning, I was contemplating extending the circuits, but managed to get it all to fit quite well, quite neat considering.

Had to put new bonding in and tails and main earth which was a pain dragging it down through the cavity. I had to pull the main fuse in the end despite having WPD out last week to fit the isolator, I then realized today I couldn't get the earth in without removing the fuse!

Started at 7:45am and finished a 1pm, fully tested, inspected and all paperwork done.

2014-06-23 07.20.15.jpg2014-06-23 07.24.25-2.jpg2014-06-23 07.35.37.jpg2014-06-23 07.39.33-2.jpg2014-06-23 07.39.54.jpg
2014-06-23 08.00.37.jpg2014-06-23 08.16.00.jpg2014-06-23 08.18.40.jpg2014-06-23 09.09.06.jpg2014-06-23 09.42.17.jpg
2014-06-23 11.10.27-2.jpg2014-06-23 11.33.03.jpg2014-06-23 13.01.16.jpg2014-06-23 13.01.53-1.jpg

Yeah I know, some is better than none. To be honest it needs splitting down, it's a five bed house, it's pretty big too and all on one big ring, think it was 1.3 ohms for r1 on the ring.

only way out would have been to split the rfc into 2 radials ( each on a 20A MCB, of course ). not advised if there's any heavy loads.

Hi,

Just thought id share my work with you, I did this board change this morning, I was contemplating extending the circuits, but managed to get it all to fit quite well, quite neat considering.

Had to put new bonding in and tails and main earth which was a pain dragging it down through the cavity. I had to pull the main fuse in the end despite having WPD out last week to fit the isolator, I then realized today I couldn't get the earth in without removing the fuse!

Started at 7:45am and finished a 1pm, fully tested, inspected and all paperwork done.

View attachment 25339View attachment 25340View attachment 25341View attachment 25342View attachment 25343
View attachment 25344View attachment 25345View attachment 25346View attachment 25347View attachment 25348
View attachment 25349View attachment 25350View attachment 25351View attachment 25352
its OK but listen sunshine...

stop using MK boards....their dogshyte...

It probably wouldn't be too bigs job to split, but that's a job for another day if he wants it.

I quite like the MK boards, I tend to stick with them as have quite a few spars in the van, maybe Fridays board I'll try hager.

BG or schneider for me. might try a curve from denmans, loads of room above MCBs.

If there's only 1 socket circuit the lights should go on the other rcd. Jmo.

Ive switched to hi integrity boards or RCBO boards now as better more flexible solutions for now and the future!

I wouldn't let one of them customers, that sit on your shoulder watching you do your job, take any photos.

Decent job..... looked pretty decent originally.

for what you pay the BG boards are to beat so far....

nice busbar in them as well.....the enclosure is more solid as well......just a better board
Iv heard of some saying they`v had probs with the RCDs.....i never have...and i`v fitted quite a few of em...

It always comes down to price though and until RCBOs come down I don't think I can sell hi integrity boards at a price that people really want to pay.

I have installed a couple recently leaving the non protected as the spares! The most recent one I left the garage db circuit on an mcb only so the garage/garden circuits wouldn't affect the house

Reply to This morning's bit of handy work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net