Discuss This was listed on job advert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Maybe a certificate of dependancy to prove you are a proper spark. All good sparks I have known have been ****heads anyway.

Seriously though, no idea. New one to me too.

Must have a current drug and alcohol certification. Not seen this on job before what is it?

Perhaps if you told us for what job application, the employers required these drug/alcohol free cert's for it might throw some light on the subject??

drink 6 pints of stella , smoke 10 spliffs , swallow 2 e's and tell them how dedicated you are towards getting your drug & alcohol cert at the job interview.

:)

All I now is it s sparks mate in connah's quay. The only thing I can think off my be power station. At £12 ph CIS.

This is most common on railway jobs but I reckon we'll see more and more of it.
D&A tests don't come cheap either, a mate who works on railway jobs paid £350 for his

Yes the money an Electrician gets is appalling at the moment Ray, if we all stood together, I mean all of us, every last one and didn't go to work for just one day the whole country would grind to a halt and come to a complete standstill.

This is most common on railway jobs but I reckon we'll see more and more of it.
D&A tests don't come cheap either, a mate who works on railway jobs paid £350 for his

A normal drugs and alcohol test is around £10 and has to be independantly verified when you take the test, i.e. person waits outside cubical until you finish the job then tests it right there.

Yes the money an Electrician gets is appalling at the moment Ray, if we all stood together, I mean all of us, every last one and didn't go to work for just one day the whole country would grind to a halt and come to a complete standstill.
One thing at a time Mike, let's get the scams on their way to being out of business first. :)

A normal drugs and alcohol test is around £10 and has to be independantly verified when you take the test, i.e. person waits outside cubical until you finish the job then tests it right there.
Ken's had to be sent away for analysis. Maybe they were suspicious hehe

As Trev said,D&A tests are required in certain industries,there may also be a clause in the employment contract stating that you have to undergo random drug testing.This is what caused a lot of the hard drug abuse in prisons,cannabis remains in the system for 28 days and will show on a urine test for that length of time,however cocaine can be flushed from the system in 24hrs if you drink plenty of water.Prisons don't do RDT's at weekend so the cons do coke on friday and saturday and by monday they are clear!Coke and the like don't have the mellowing effects of cannabis and so everyone gets aggressive and starts fighting,it is also much dearer leading to fights over debts etc,just ask any prison officer.

If you're worried, Google it! There's probably an agency somewhere that provide people to take the test for you, like the visa scams reported on the news recently.

Reply to This was listed on job advert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock