Discuss Thompson Electrical Training, Suffolk in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

james1985

Hello,

I currently work full time for the emergency services in the South East. I have on rest days been working voluntarily as an electrician mate to gain an understanding of the electrician world. I have done this for a some time now and feel I wish to complete the relevant qualifications. However due to shift work I need flexibility and have therefore contemplated home study and to attend training days when able. From looking at the training facilities I have noted one in Suffolk named Thompson Electrical training.

Can any one advise from experience what the company is like in providing such training.?

Thanks

James

James, they are very good, did my 2365 L2 & L3 there and was impressed, you will need to be able to self study and attend there for practical days and certain lectures etc. I would recommend them. Get yourself the city and guilds text book by Trevor Linsley and make use of the online training aids and sites such as sparky facts and you will have no problems. Good Luck.

Been to the unit today, spoke to staff - and I took the plunge and signed up for Level 2. Now just to get my head round the Drop Box. I think the price is reasonable. Appears to be a small company but no doubt growing.

I would recommend joining the IET as a student, costs about £20 and you get massive discounts on books, get the students guide to the IET wiring regulations and an onsite guide! Good Luck:)

Reply to Thompson Electrical Training, Suffolk in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net