Discuss Three Phase Generator in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Pecuk

Hi All
We are new to this so apologies for the way that we try to explain this,
We have been asked to install a plug in point for a tempoary generator at a premises to be used when they have power outages. The existing supply is 400amp TP&N we are proposing to install 400amp changeover switch between meter & dis board then run SWA to outside plug in point.
Your thoughts and comments on this would be appreciated are there EDF guidelines that we need to be aware of?.

Hi.

This is about the only type of IP rated plug/socket arrangement that I've come across and it aint cheap.

Will the generator not be permanently in situ???. Hard wired is a better option in my opinion with a bespoke control panel , or even auto-changeover.

When you say your new to this what do you mean exactly.......reason being getting this wrong could be catastrophic.

Cheers.:)

Hi Lenny,

When i said new to this I meant new to the forum we are getting advice now from consultants,
Thanks for the reply.

Hey,

What you have their is 400Amp Powerlock, IP68 Rated.

VERY EXPENSIVE, but it is the industry standard in TV, Film, Theatre and Events.

If it's a hired generator there is a fair chance that it would have a powerlock output on there instead of, or as well as the buss bar.

If you ask for Powerlock Plugs and sockets you may not get very far, they are known as 'Sources' and 'Drains'. Yanks!

thats the Dogs Dangglies Lenny Bupa nursing homes had them for "Just in case" never had to connect a genny there tho :(:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Three Phase Generator in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net