Discuss three phase sockets in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bright.Spark

I have just got the job to install 6 3 phase sockets. I'm just wondering, does each socket need to be on its own circuit or can it be wired in a ring like normal sockets? Also the sockets are for mig welders, what size and type breakers should I install at the board? Cheers fellas.

Each socket should be on it's own radial circuit back to the DB.

As for sizing of sockets, cable and OCPD's you need to know the rating of the welding sets.

i am actually doing a job just like yours. I am putting in 32amp 5 pin sockets. Each 1 is on its own 32amp mcb as well as that i fit a 40amp 30mil amp 4 pole rcd in an enclosure at each socket. The sockets i use are the clipsal 56 series.

you'll need at least C or possibly even D -loop impedance is lower for these obviously - hope the 1 rcd on the welding sockets doesn't cause nuisance- i would be checking if it was me(not sure)

I finished this job yesterday, just wondered if I am charging too much. The materials cost me £380 I was thinking of charging £700. Does anyone think that's too steep?

I finished this job yesterday, just wondered if I am charging too much. The materials cost me £380 I was thinking of charging £700. Does anyone think that's too steep?

Mats cost you £380 plus all the running about and time to get them, so round it up to say £450, dont know where you are in the country but in Leeds i would want to be done in the day for £700 all in.

I would try my arm at £750, but all this depends on your circumstances, like location etc, and do you stand to get more work if you go in cheap. As a one off i would want £750.:eek:

New to this forum so please forgive the intrusion. Costing dont be too cheap. and remember:
QUALITY is remembered long after the PRICE is forgotten

New to this forum so please forgive the intrusion. Costing dont be too cheap. and remember:
QUALITY is remembered long after the PRICE is forgotten

No need to beg forgiveness this is a forum and your opinion counts just as much as everyone elses. Oh and by the way you are right in what you say.:cool:

Reply to three phase sockets in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net