Discuss Time between inspection intervals has increased... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
according to another spark near to me

Lewis Inspection.jpg

Went into a house rewired at the start of Jan to extend the old immersion circuit to feed a FCU for the new combi boiler. Should of taken more pics now i think back. Makes me laugh because I asked the owner of the house who did it, they told me and are happy with it.

Why bother cutting chases deep enough, the rough as hell coat of bonding will 'just' about cover me cables!

IMAG0181.jpg
Think he got a little carried away stripping of the outer sheath off the tails
IMAG0178.jpg
First class trunking in the lounge. This is 1 of only 2 sockets he put in the lounge
IMAG0180.jpg

Not even a Electrical Trainee:goofy:

Wow! 19 years between inspections. That's stretching GN3, Table 3.2, initial I&T frequency, recommendations and some. Talk about over confidence in the standard of their work and the state of the installation. If the company's QS has signed off on this ... to quote Jeremy Clarkson "He what's shooting." ... and the electrician fired ... but I quess it's yet another self-certified job, that has not been checked by a QS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who in there right mind puts trunking on the skirting itself,bejaysus.with installs like this are we surprised the trade is going downhill on the domestic side.

Who in there right mind puts trunking on the skirting itself,bejaysus.with installs like this are we surprised the trade is going downhill on the domestic side.

it's easier to nail to the skirting.

according to another spark near to me

View attachment 10837

Went into a house rewired at the start of Jan to extend the old immersion circuit to feed a FCU for the new combi boiler. Should of taken more pics now i think back. Makes me laugh because I asked the owner of the house who did it, they told me and are happy with it.

Why bother cutting chases deep enough, the rough as hell coat of bonding will 'just' about cover me cables!

View attachment 10838
Think he got a little carried away stripping of the outer sheath off the tails
View attachment 10839
First class trunking in the lounge. This is 1 of only 2 sockets he put in the lounge
View attachment 10840

Not even a Electrical Trainee:goofy:

Why wouldn't they be happy with it? Probably a good few hundred cheaper than the highest quote and everything works.

And there's the problem, we see the 'tails', the 'next inspection due' and the abysmal mini trunking, all painting a picture of a poor quality installation, the client sees.......the price.

Reply to Time between inspection intervals has increased... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net