Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Time between inspection intervals has increased... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Amp David

Amp David Trusted Advisor

according to another spark near to me

Lewis Inspection.jpg

Went into a house rewired at the start of Jan to extend the old immersion circuit to feed a FCU for the new combi boiler. Should of taken more pics now i think back. Makes me laugh because I asked the owner of the house who did it, they told me and are happy with it.

Why bother cutting chases deep enough, the rough as hell coat of bonding will 'just' about cover me cables!

IMAG0181.jpg
    Think he got a little carried away stripping of the outer sheath off the tails
    IMAG0178.jpg
    First class trunking in the lounge. This is 1 of only 2 sockets he put in the lounge
    IMAG0180.jpg

Not even a 5WW:goofy:

2. MarkieSparkie

MarkieSparkie Guest

Wow! 19 years between inspections. That's stretching GN3, Table 3.2, initial I&T frequency, recommendations and some. Talk about over confidence in the standard of their work and the state of the installation. If the company's QS has signed off on this ... to quote Jeremy Clarkson "He what's shooting." ... and the electrician fired ... but I quess it's yet another self-certified job, that has not been checked by a QS.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
  3. Amp David

Certainly is

4. NMc

NMc Electrician's Arms

Happy about what the cheap price????????

5. Amp David

LOL Thats what I said, but they seriously thought it was to a good standard.

6. mogga

mogga Just me Electrician's Arms

Gordon bennet did Trigger wait outside with his nose bag ?

7. NMc

NMc Electrician's Arms

Just shows you
    maybe this is why our trade skill are being eroded away

8. robsparky1975

robsparky1975 Trusted Advisor

Who in there right mind puts trunking on the skirting itself,bejaysus.with installs like this are we surprised the trade is going downhill on the domestic side.

9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    it's easier to nail to the skirting.

10. IQ Electrical

IQ Electrical Trusted Advisor

Why wouldn't they be happy with it? Probably a good few hundred cheaper than the highest quote and everything works.

And there's the problem, we see the 'tails', the 'next inspection due' and the abysmal mini trunking, all painting a picture of a poor quality installation, the client sees.......the price.

• Like Like x 1