Discuss Time clock recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a digital time clock, either din rail or surface mounted with count down the on-off with some kind of start button function instead of having time frames in which it’s on or off

Many thanks

So you want to start the timer manually with a button and automatically switches off after a certain time....like a 'delay off' timer?

If so just Google 'DIN mount delay off timer' or 'DIN mount multifunction timer'. Just about every manufacturer makes a range of them and you can't go too far wrong with any of the recognised brand names. Just find one with the time ranges you need and the contact arrangement and current rating.

What do you want to use it for?
It’s for a small scale production process, they need to run a piece of kit similar to an immersion heater, they want to be able start it at any time, it run for how ever many hours and then it switch off at the end of said time. Preferably with a digital display to see the remaining time.

I'm not sure I understand you fully, do.you mean override on when necessary?

I'm not sure I understand you fully, do.you mean override on when necessary?

No I literally need to press on and it stays on for 8 hours (or what ever predetermined amount time), counts down to zero then turns off till it’s pressed again and have a nice little digital display that has the remaining time left on it.

No I literally need to press on and it stays on for 8 hours (or what ever predetermined amount time), counts down to zero then turns off till it’s pressed again and have a nice little digital display that has the remaining time left on it.
Ah I understand now square d do a din rail mounted timer can be set so that boost button runs for any amount of time and counts down on a digital screen. Failing that there are many other options available without screen

Reply to Time clock recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock