Discuss Time for new battery tool kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

ferg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
It's time for me to change out my battery kit which is a shame as the tools are mostly OK but the batteries are FUBAR and not made anymore.

My go to brand for many years has been Dewalt and the outgoing kit is also mostly Dewalt.

I need combidrill, impact driver, jigsaw, circular saw, SDS, multitool and maybe a couple of worklights.

Just looking for advice on different brands and and advice on the most cost effective way to go about it. :D

TIA

Ferg.

If you're happy with Dewalt, just go for them again.
I would, but i'm still wearing out my older kit. Got some replacement old batteries that fit, so got a good couple of years left in them yet.

I have one Milwaukee power tool, a 12v multitool, received FOC for opening a Howdens account.
Good little tool, but the vibration can eject the battery from the end.

For cost effectiveness, most economical is buy everything at once. In a kit or as separates. I'm sure your local supplier could do a bulk deal.

Changed from Bosch (old NiCad stuff) to Milwuakee back in the summer.

No complaints as yet, handled everything I have thrown at it. They are heavy when compared to Dewalt but it's not a major problem.

Can find some decent prices on bare tools if you shop around online. Managed to find the M18 multitool for £80 a few weeks back.

ATB

Chris

I use Milwaukee 18 volt and its great kit. Go for the fuel models and you'll be well impressed.
The 12v kit is also quite impressive for the couple of bits I have so far.

If you are sticking with dewalt I think you can buy battery adapters so you could buy new batts and slowly build up new kit.

I can recommend FFX, SGS engineering, and powertoolmate if shopping online. All good service and prices.

Don't always go for a kit deal, sometimes if you do the maths it can be cheaper to buy seperate. Ask for a deal on a custom kit with the tools you need if they are not exact enough.

Milwaukee. Look at D&M tools. Really good service and price matching etc. Otherwise Toolstop (don't think they do much Milwaukee). CEF are Milwaukee suppliers but the prices they've quoted me in the past were shyte. Plenty of brushless stuff.

Look for better prices for batteries than the usual suspects. Buying bare tools and sourcing the batteries can save a bit of cash. I see Dewalt 4ah 18v at £49.99 and the 5ah one at £59.99 in one store, and the same batteries are £74.99 and £124.99 respectively in a big chain store, so it's worth shopping around. Oddly, the 1.5ah one is a whopping £79...why?

Look for better prices for batteries than the usual suspects. Buying bare tools and sourcing the batteries can save a bit of cash. I see Dewalt 4ah 18v at £49.99 and the 5ah one at £59.99 in one store, and the same batteries are £74.99 and £124.99 respectively in a big chain store, so it's worth shopping around. Oddly, the 1.5ah one is a whopping £79...why?

Limited production so higher price ? Wanting to push different products so make those cheaper ?

Milwaukee released the 6Ah and 9Ah 18v batteries at pretty much the same time in this country. The 6Ah were priced higher nearly everywhere, the 9Ah were probably the products they wanted to shift more of.

Don’t buy the 5 or 6amps,there’s stacks of em for spares/not working on fleabay

i have a right mix:

Hitachi 24V SDS, Makita 24V SDS.
AEG 18V combi and impact driver.
Workzone (Aldi) lightweight SDS and 20V multitool (don'tlaugh. they're well made for the price with 3 year warranty and cheap to replace if dropped off a ladder.).

rest are 110V.

Reply to Time for new battery tool kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net