Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Time for new battery tool kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. ferg

ferg Electrician's Arms

It's time for me to change out my battery kit which is a shame as the tools are mostly OK but the batteries are FUBAR and not made anymore.

My go to brand for many years has been Dewalt and the outgoing kit is also mostly Dewalt.

I need combidrill, impact driver, jigsaw, circular saw, SDS, multitool and maybe a couple of worklights.

Just looking for advice on different brands and and advice on the most cost effective way to go about it. :D

TIA

Ferg.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MFS Electrical

MFS Electrical Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Oooooohhhhh tool tart time !!!!
    Think ITS have not bad deals on Milwaukee at the moment haven’t really ever heard anything bad about them.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MFS Electrical

MFS Electrical Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Don’t know if you can get Milwaukee circ and jigsaws though never seen them?:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. littlespark

littlespark Electrician's Arms

If you're happy with Dewalt, just go for them again.
    I would, but i'm still wearing out my older kit. Got some replacement old batteries that fit, so got a good couple of years left in them yet.

I have one Milwaukee power tool, a 12v multitool, received FOC for opening a Howdens account.
    Good little tool, but the vibration can eject the battery from the end.

For cost effectiveness, most economical is buy everything at once. In a kit or as separates. I'm sure your local supplier could do a bulk deal.

• Like Like x 2
  5. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell.

I hope Pete not got his ear to the glass on this post .:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chris gray

chris gray Electrician's Arms

I’ve got Milwaukee and my pal has the dewalt. His has more torque and I prefer his

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Dewalt for me...Makita is shite imo and went through loads of combi drills before I decided to give it to the apprentice and buy a dewalt kit. Milwaukee is posh Ryobi/AEG :D

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

I use milwaukee and can't fault them really good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. chris gray

chris gray Electrician's Arms

I burnt my way through too many Makita to ever use them again. Burnt a ryobi out, hitachi, loads of others so bit the bullet and got the Milwaukee as I’d heard good reviews. My mate got jealous and bought the dewalt kit and tbh it’s miles superior. My next lot will defo be dewalt

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell.

Makita sH8T my a77,14volt drill for 15years nowt wrong with them .
    rather have Makita, then a drill bit in a banana, made by a minion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chris86

Chris86 Regular EF Member

Changed from Bosch (old NiCad stuff) to Milwuakee back in the summer.

No complaints as yet, handled everything I have thrown at it. They are heavy when compared to Dewalt but it's not a major problem.

Can find some decent prices on bare tools if you shop around online. Managed to find the M18 multitool for £80 a few weeks back.

ATB

Chris

• Like Like x 2
  12. Baddegg

Baddegg Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x Electrician's Arms

I use dewalt kit,cost to quality I think it’s far superior to Milwaukee, I also have a mate that uses the hilti lease stuff but over time my batteries have lasted longer......

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

I use Milwaukee 18 volt and its great kit. Go for the fuel models and you'll be well impressed.
    The 12v kit is also quite impressive for the couple of bits I have so far.

If you are sticking with dewalt I think you can buy battery adapters so you could buy new batts and slowly build up new kit.

I can recommend FFX, SGS engineering, and powertoolmate if shopping online. All good service and prices.

Don't always go for a kit deal, sometimes if you do the maths it can be cheaper to buy seperate. Ask for a deal on a custom kit with the tools you need if they are not exact enough.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

You'd be hard pushed to find a tool they don't do really. The range is huge.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. richy3333

richy3333 Forum Mentor

Milwaukee. Look at D&M tools. Really good service and price matching etc. Otherwise Toolstop (don't think they do much Milwaukee). CEF are Milwaukee suppliers but the prices they've quoted me in the past were shyte. Plenty of brushless stuff.

• Like Like x 2