Discuss Time to upgrade supply? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
I have an old peoples home that I do work for, called out to black out. The main fuse blown, holder pretty well cooked. DNO have replaced cut out and installed a voltage recorder which is showing several spikes around meal times which are approaching or exceeding the 80A main fuse. Opinions requested, do I suggest a two phase supply and split the load?

Attachments

• VOLTAGE GRAPH.pdf
    54.4 KB · Views: 51
  • VOLTAGE GRAPH.pdf
    54.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi - just from the graphs - if I'm reading it right, it looks like 15 minute samples and none over 100A so far. So perhaps the new cutout with 100A supply and fuse will help. But this will give little room for increased load over winter so I take your point.

What's the cost of bringing in a second phase and second CU and re-cabling etc?
Moving up to 100A and possibly looking at timer control on some of the higher current loads maybe cheaper.
Have they got water heaters etc? Could they be timered to not be on during peak demand?

Reply to Time to upgrade supply? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, we are converting old farm buildings to commercial units, and as my father used to run a vacuum pump and compressor in his dairy I always...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, So, a friend of mine has a three phase 100a supply and wants to install 2 x three phase 20a fork lift chargers and a three phase car...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
I'm in the middle of preparing a quote for installing 12 x 3Kw and 4 x 2Kw halogen heaters in a church. The system design was provided by a...
Replies
Views
Had UKPN come out to a property recently to upgrade the main fuse from 60A to 100A but when they arrived they said that the supply cable which he...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock