Discuss Timer Switch on E7 system in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

@JohnJP70 ah. Do you obviously now know where the timer is!
Let’s see a picture of it and associated wiring. Then can give a better idea.

Pictures would be good, most new installs use a five wire electronic meter but older ones use a four wire plus a timer.

No wonder he hasn’t been back!
Seems these are an old and extinct system for ECONOMY 7 heating systems.
I’ve found s thread about these with links to instructions, but I think you’ll need an electrician who likes a challenge to rip it out and put something modern in its place.do report back with any progress!

This site won’t let me provide links to Screwfix Community forum. But if you go there, to the electrician forum, you’ll find it if you search for

electratech storage heater control panel”

Last edited:
There is no link. Just google
electratech storage heater control panel
and you'll see the link to the screwfix discussion, also some other interesting stuff, like a user manual
http://pgbw.org.uk/electratech/Electratech Professional Manual.pdf

But yourlandlady should be getting a proper electrician in to sort out a solution. In case she hasn't noticed, its winter.

Yes. I have notified her, and have also made reference to the info you have passed on to me here - hopefully that will speed matters up. At least I can use the system manually...

Reply to Timer Switch on E7 system in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought a 2 bedroom flat with e7 storage heaters, no gas supply. 2 of the 3 heaters are not fully working (only instant heat elements...
Replies
Views
I was looking for some advice on common wiring styles for stairwell delay lighting circuits. So I can figure out what has been done in the...
Replies
Views
Had a weird one tonight, with a new tenant who had a higher than expected first monthly bill. Studio flat with one storage heater and off peak...
Replies
Views
K
I rent out a flat in a small west London block built in 1990s. 2 storage heaters installed around 2005 now have stuck or broken switches so I'm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock