Discuss TN-S or TN-C-S From this photo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do a pfc and a pscc . If they are the same result it's probablY be TNCS . However as others have said it's probably not.

Thank you.
0.8 ohms is the typical value for TN-S, though some would say the ‘typical maximum’.
Anything below 0.8 ohms is acceptable, above would be a concern.

That earthing block does not look connected to the neutral.
If it is, then it is likely that the DNO have converted it to TN-C-S.

Not sure if that’s two supply cables, or a looped supply.
100A main fuse suggests a looped supply.

Although the supply may be TN-S, network upgrades may mean PME conditions may apply.

Thank you, great advice.

Agree it's pretty clearly TN-S as there's no visible connection from the neutral to the MET. What makes things a little indistinct here, is that the MET is a terminal block of a style often used for a neutral, butted up against the head.

You could do a simple continuity test between the neutral & earth at the mains switch to confirm this.

As per Davesparks, the two are connected somewhere, so there will always be continuity. Of course, if they are connected inside the head, the resistance between them will be vanishingly small, while if they are connected only at the substation there will be measurable resistance. The problem with trying to measure it, is that in a TN-S supply there will be a small voltage present due to the voltage drop along the neutral back to the substation. Therefore, some instruments will refuse to take a measurement and the reading you get on others could be nonsense. In either case it suggests TN-S but relying on a tester displaying an error is not a good method.

The difference between the L-E and L-N impedances gives the resistance indirectly, but without any N-E voltage interfering with the test.

Agree it's pretty clearly TN-S as there's no visible connection from the neutral to the MET. What makes things a little indistinct here, is that the MET is a terminal block of a style often used for a neutral, butted up against the head.

that henleyblock with the earthing conductors is on the wrong side of the cut-out to be TNC-S.

Indeed it is, but the OP may have considered the possibility of there being an alternative way for the DNO to break out the neutral from the head to provide the MET. I have seen something similar where a 3-core service cable was used to provide two phases, with two cutouts on a standard single-phase head, so they had to cheat the neutral out of the side.

Reply to TN-S or TN-C-S From this photo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net