Discuss Tnc-s diagram with a light? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi, come up across this question, 'With the aid of a diagram draw and label a tn-cs system including a light'. do i just draw a Tnc-s system and then add a circle with a X.

any help ty.
Yup.

Hi,you will have to add it,"in circuit",or it would not work :)

For what particular enterprise,is this request a part?

and don't forget the switch for the light.

Not a particularly well worded question - whoever wrote it has not put much effort into it at all.

I think you are right Andy. It really annoys me when people don't ask properly worded questions but expect good answers to them.

Obviously that's not aimed at the OP, but at the originators of the question.

It will be wanting to see the light drawn as a final circuit from a DB to show the fault path I would imagine.

Thank you for a reply. Sorry, about the question but if i could remember its basically whatever andy has said ^.. the question came up in a exam and i forgot the full wording sorry. I'm not the best on earthing systems as i get confused but can you link me to or guide me on what a tnc-s system would look like with a fault path ty

The result would depend on how much detail you need to supply and it can go on and on.
This diagram shows a TNCS with a load as a light and plenty of labels but it omits a main switch, a full CU and the associated joints, detail on the light switch, etc. But it does show the basic fault path.
EFLP TNCS with light.jpg

Reply to Tnc-s diagram with a light? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . I was changing a fuse board today . Everything tested out fine and good . Until I measured the Ze which is on a tnc-s system...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
Can I ask a question and make sure I’m not missing something…. Have had outside decking lights in my garden put in by an electrician, using a FCU...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock