Discuss To spur or not to spur?..... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Its directly off the RFC. Supply side of SFCU has 3 sets of conductors. Load side has 1.

Sorry for the confusion. English was never my strongest subject. - That's why I became an electrician.
I'm confused so deleted my reply, sorry

I get you littlespark.
Your method is OK as you only have 1 spur from the ring the other is fused.
But I bet it's a bit tight cramming 4 cables in the back if a spur though!

Not sure Pete. You could be right though.
It's borderline, I can see what guys are saying, still don't agree, but not going to continue the argument, solely because it is borderline to my way of thinking that's 2 spurs from 1 point, 1 unfused and 1 fused, not something I would have done.

Last edited:
But using that logic if you fitted a 13a FCU right next to a socket which was on the ring everything fed from the FCU would be a spur off a spur etc.?
Fused at the FCU via a 13 Amp fuse, perfectly acceptable

But using that logic if you fitted a 13a FCU right next to a socket which was on the ring everything fed from the FCU would be a spur off a spur etc.?
Fused at the FCU via a 13 Amp fuse, perfectly acceptable
Thanks for that, Pete. Only 4 months late in replying:p:D
That's OK Mate time waits for no man as they say

Reply to To spur or not to spur?..... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock