Discuss Today's board change in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

This morning's job, in and out in 4 and a half hours. Vast improvement. Feel free to rip it apart and tell me I'm a fool and I've made a bodge of it and don't know what I'm doing.

Today's board change 2014-10-06 10.11.44 - EletriciansForums.netToday's board change 2014-10-06 11.09.26 - EletriciansForums.net

I did actually heat shrink the end of that line conductor and disconnect the relevant earth and neutral and shrink them the same, it was for a shower circuit thats not connect in the loft, they also got labelled accordingly.

Today's board change 2014-10-06 13.02.05-2 - EletriciansForums.net

You may say why the cable ties, I saw one of you do it the other week on here, Trev i think or GMES maybe? Looked nice.

Today's board change 2014-10-06 14.10.24 - EletriciansForums.netToday's board change 2014-10-06 14.10.13-1 - EletriciansForums.netToday's board change 2014-10-06 14.09 - EletriciansForums.net

Ok I know MCB 8 is on when it doesn't need to be, I did switch it off.

Luverley! :)

Do you use the brother machine for the labels? If so what settings mate?

Luverley! :)

Do you use the brother machine for the labels? If so what settings mate?

yes I do, a Brother P-Touch 7600

I use 12mm black on clear tape, 12pt font I think.

I also put my details on the big labels, I have a presaved image that I did on the computer loaded on to the label machine I just press a button and it turns one out on 18mm tape, black on clear.

Always prefer it with the small tie wraps makes it a neater job. It's a bugger when you're the next one at the board trying not to disturb it!

Tie wraps look nice but I would never use them, at least not leave them in after completion. think it looks naff

cable ties look neat, but derate the cables.

Because of the use of the ties I hope you derated the CCC because of the bunched conductors?

Only kidding UK.. Very neat, and regardless of popular thought I quite like all those labels on it, looks professional.

I generally use Wylex boards as I like the little extra depth, I'd be interested to know what your preference with the Hagar is UK?

cable ties look neat, but derate the cables.
Agree Tel looks the dogs dodas, but as you say derates the cables, by all means keep them neat whilst the installation is proceeding but cut them out on completion, quite easy with today's solid cores, and use the right size earth sleeving, nothing worse than having a 1mm or 1.5 cpc with dirty great sleeving on it, just because the sparky can't be bothered to change to a smaller bore sleeving.

Ill probably not put them on next time now you have all said that, probably got another three board changes over the next week, so ill see what happens, to be honest, its only derated it fractionally as its only a tiny bit thats bunched, plus they would all be in exactly the same position if not tied anyway.

but thanks though.

the hager board has a much tighter tollerance on the din rail, or the MCB even, when you tighten them up they don't slant like the MK boards do.

I just prefer them, I think they are a lot better.

Reply to Today's board change in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock