Discuss Todays Job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kathwilcox

Todays job was to go to a rental property, to replace a shower and to also find out why 2 sockets in the lounge wern't working!

Shower not a problem!

Sockets in the living room are another story.

After lifting many carpets and floorboards i came across this

2012-10-09 13.38.29.jpg

Nice i thought but this wasn't the problem with the 2 sockets not working!

I then went to lift another floorboard and herd a hissing sound, i put the board back and called the plumber!

This is were the problem with the sockets was discovered, the cable had been placed on top of the heating pipes, then the board put back down, over time the cable had been crushed, split the insulation on the cable, arced on the copper pipe and welded its self to it or should i say blown a hole in the pipe! but the cable had blocked the leak until i lifted the board!

Made me chuckle!

And the problem was solved!

Attachments

• 2012-10-09 13.38.58.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 95
That's why I carried some plumbing bits on my van. I never managed to cut any pipes I may add... :lol: (except in my own house when fitting the bathroom...)

lol, i don't do plumbing, not my bag! i just live with one!

Heating had to be drained down, when plumber lifted the board the water hit the ceiling, haha

Reply to Todays Job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Hey, I lifted a few sockets from a wall so I could paint without having to cut in around them. I haven’t lifted any light switches yet. When...
Replies
Views
Hi fitting a a couple loft sockets on a radial circuit. I only have 2.5mm cable and really don’t want to buy a reel 4mm2 is it ok to use on 32A...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a job for a customer, the consumer unit is an old 3036 board and there are several holes in it giving access to live parts, I can...
Replies
Views
Background: I am not an electrician, I am a retired professional engineer high power broadcast transmitter design , but am dabbling outside my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock