Discuss Tool bag/pouch/ belt options? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m currently doing quite a bit of work on a large boiler park, up and down to the gantrys quite often.

What are people using to transport tools up and down with them? I’m sick of using a rope and pulley to lift my tool bag etc up.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I’m currently doing quite a bit of work on a large boiler park, up and down to the gantrys quite often.

What are people using to transport tools up and down with them? I’m sick of using a rope and pulley to lift my tool bag etc up.

Thanks
Hi guys,

Thanks
When I started working I had a tool box full to the brim, the older I got the smaller the bag got, I now have a pouch and only carry what I need to

I've got a TP5 and a Airsoft "dump pouch". That pouch can either carry stuff or catch the rubbish etc when working (making cleanup quicker) and when not in use it zips up to A6 size.

Dickies "Eisenhower" multi pocket trousers (with a belt otherwise thy're down round your knackers). Loads of decent carry space for hand tools and the belt will take drills and impact drivers.

And you don't look like a ninety year old dork ?!

Used to work in Quarries and Concrete plants always up and down vertical gantry ladders,

I tried a couple of things like tool belts back packs etc

Tool belts were a real pain as they just got caught all the time on the hooped sections at the tops or crossovers

Same with back packs I used to wear them hung on my chest which worked quite well

but I just found it easier to use a small pulley attached to a large safety hook, tie the toolbag at the bottom carry the end of the line in my hand as I went up attach pulley and hoist up

I was going to different sites every day but if your on one site all the time it might be feasible to have something rigged permanently on the bigger ladders, don't think there's a good solution to this problem

Reply to Tool bag/pouch/ belt options? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock