Discuss Tool bags getting a bit heavy... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

View attachment 40756 So I've had enough of lugging around my tool bag as it was feeling really heavy. It was starting to depress me every time I pulled up outside a job...the thought of lugging it up stairs etc. I've just emptied it and Ive just noticed I've lost a few things but amongst all the tools I was carrying around 55 screwdrivers, 10 pairs of cutters, 5 crimpers, 3 levels, two chalk lines, 5 Stanley knifes, 4 bolsters, 21 hole saws, 5 chisels, 2 tapes, 6 sets of Allen keys etc. Not to mention the usual build up of carp in the bottom of the bag...screws, grommets. Choc block, wagos, 7 rolls of tape, 3.5 and M4 screws and about two rubble sacks of bits of brick, plaster board dust, saw dust etc :eek::confused::D

Just wondering what tool bag you are using?

Must be that new TARDIS brand?

I went through mine and cut down on stuff, not much mind you but all the loose screws and sh!te at the bottom of the bag and in the pockets I tipped in to a Halloween trick or treat box with a lid on and if needed it goes in to the boot of the car.

The picture may have been a subtle plea for compassion by Lee
Try as I may,I see no sign of a Hacksaw of any sort

Poor chap may have dyslexia,each order for a saw added to the screwdriver collection

The picture may have been a subtle plea for compassion by Lee
Try as I may,I see no sign of a Hacksaw of any sort

Poor chap may have dyslexia,each order for a saw added to the screwdriver collection
One or more of those drivers must have doubled up as a metal cutting chisel.

View attachment 40756 So I've had enough of lugging around my tool bag as it was feeling really heavy. It was starting to depress me every time I pulled up outside a job...the thought of lugging it up stairs etc. I've just emptied it and Ive just noticed I've lost a few things but amongst all the tools I was carrying around 55 screwdrivers, 10 pairs of cutters, 5 crimpers, 3 levels, two chalk lines, 5 Stanley knifes, 4 bolsters, 21 hole saws, 5 chisels, 2 tapes, 6 sets of Allen keys etc. Not to mention the usual build up of carp in the bottom of the bag...screws, grommets. Choc block, wagos, 7 rolls of tape, 3.5 and M4 screws and about two rubble sacks of bits of brick, plaster board dust, saw dust etc :eek::confused::D
Do you ever feel it was a mistake posting this LSK?;):confused::cool::D:rolleyes::)

That’s classic - ‘around 55 screwdrivers’ and I thought I was the only one!
I'm getting worse. I've a set I'm officially abusing, Plus the back up set for when one of them is off sulking somewhere. Then there's the set that fit the torque driver, the slim line set, the stubby set and I've just bought a Wiha set off Screwie on special. Best part is - I just don't care :sunglasses:

Being without the tool you need is the most annoying though - I think that we are just a little more prepared than we know and it’s not until, like Lee has done, we have a good clean up that we find out what we do have. Trouble with tidying stuff up is that you can’t find it for days after! Same old!

Great thing about it is that he can separate into 3 or 4 sets of tools. I’ve got Stanley tool rolls that can be grabbed for quoting or small jobs that don’t need ‘everything’.

Lee, I am disgusted by your behaviour...... I have the very same bag and it is heavy as and pretty damn full, but 55 drivers is insane mate!! I tidy my bag out at least once a month, tidy bag equals tidy mind! Or something like that.. defo need more blunties in there tho mate!

Reply to Tool bags getting a bit heavy... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net