Discuss Tool belts .....anyone a fan?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

For the folks who find a tool belt tends to fall down, you can either add a harness, or a simple 1" wide web strap over one shoulder like the old military Sam Browne belts.

Or grow some hips to hold their belts up!

I'll occasionally use a toolbelt. Currently using the Toughbuilt system. Loads of different sizes of pouch to choose from. They clip on and off the belt as required so, for example, if you've finished drilling for a while, you can just unclip the drill holster with the drill in it and put it to one side for later.

ClipTech Tool Belts, Pouches & Bags - http://www.toughbuilt.com/cliptech/

I have never seen a kitchen fitter using a tool belt and if I did it make alarm bells go off, small spaces with clunky sharp tools bashing into the nice new cabinets normally makes the custard cross, I would use a tool belt only if working off a ladder.

I used to live in Earls Court and the Dominatrix in the flat below used to wear a tool belt, nice girl in the pub to chat to but I'll leave the rest to your imagination.........

I don't think the latex would have damaged any kitchen cabinets though......

As title suggests , what’s everyone’s opinion on them?
May have to consider buying one as the company has supplied new ppe and although nice quality snickers trousers and tee shirts have been provided, the trousers have come without the flappy pockets as most of the lads have tool belts so didn’t want the extra pockets.
I’m not a fan of the tool belt but may consider buying one as having no flappy pockets to store screws, tools and the like while say doing 1st and 2nd fixing etc will become annoying to me I’m sure.

Oh and for the fans out there any recommendations?
Ta
No recommendations just a funny story, worked in Canada fo about 3 months, and we got most of our timber, electrics and tooling from either "The Home Depot" (B&Q) or a local
Indepentent wholesaler, most of the locals be they Sparks, Chippies or what ever sported the biggest tool belts I have ever seen, the best one was worn by a carpenter, and on one of the many pockets, were the words, I kid you not, "MAKE THE NAILS BLEED" only in the Americas. Oh we all had to get "Robertson Scewrdriver" they were square headed, best driver I ever used no slippage, brilliant bit of kit. Sorry for going off piste.

Used self tap Robinson head screws on commercial job and I agree, no slip, nice kit.

was subbing to Initial (alarms) some years ago. i used up a small stock of them on installations. really pi$$ed off their in house "engineers" as they hadn't got the tools for them.

You can keep your Volt stick in your top pocket.

I do like a tool belt when up a ladder...keeps the Wagos and strippers handy, a Stanley knife to cut the silicone, and still room for 20 Rothmans and a lighter...
otherwise...I prefer to keep everything on the ground in a bag or box

I do like a tool belt when up a ladder...keeps the Wagos and strippers handy, a Stanley knife to cut the silicone, and still room for 20 Rothmans and a lighter...
otherwise...I prefer to keep everything on the ground in a bag or box
I have room enough in my pockets and pouches for all my wago's and tools etc.
Before I go up a ladder or into a loft I take a few moments to consider exactly what tools I will need (and some contingencies) then empty my pockets and take just what I need.
I had a friend in the army some (many many) years back who was doing a resettlement course with some DIY firm and he bought a tool belt. In his first of a four week course he fell from a step ladder and scewered himself in the leg with a screwdriver in his belt. Never even considered a belt myself since.
Not saying the same can't happen with pockets and pouches, but I know for sure it can with a belt.

I am a regular try to reading post about tool bag, and I found a good tool belt. it is DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Tool Belt, the bag's are very comfortable for our regular construction work and makes it easy.

I've had a lot of variety in demands for a tool bag. I'm HUGE on the organization, just makes life easier when you know where everything's supposed to be. That being said,

I have both the large and small version of this bag and LOVE them.

DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Too. Belt

Basically, the small one is great for your basic tools and is easy and comfortable to actually carry around a lot. The large one doesn't seem THAT much bigger, but it really is, you can load that thing up so much that you are totally stocked with every tool you might need, but it's so heavy that it's ridiculous to carry. It's the ultimate T cart tool belt. Carries everything but has a very small footprint and requires minimal real estate.

The downside to those bags is weather resistance and the fact that all of your tools will fall out if you put them in a truck bed, or in a gang box and someone knocks them over. I'll eventually buy one that is better suited for my needs, which would solve the stuff falling out and weather resistance problems but at 4x the cost of a CLC, it will have to wait.

basically, you're gonna end up with a lot of bags in the end for various job circumstances. Where I lives it rains a lot, so if you're working outside, no kind of bag will do, and only a waterproof box will suffice, the clc belts I like so much are perfect for indoor and T cart use, but overall, the only thing I've seen that looks like it would perform in almost all situations is the veto pro Pac.

useful to hang on the steps though when fixing lights. all tools and bits within hands reach.
Never really liked them unless you were doing a repetitive task, like fixing trunking etc, even then the got in the way.

I'm the same as many others on here, only use one when it I am up a leader or similar, where I need to keep both hands free and it helps to have a few things handy. I don't keep anything in it, I just take the few items I need from my tool box each time.

Reply to Tool belts .....anyone a fan?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock