Discuss Torque Screwdriver..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

After looking at the extortionate prices for what is in essence a glorified screwdriver i think i might stick with the trusted technique of swear tight. I have thankfully never had a connection come loose or caused arcing due to a loose connection so im going to give it a miss.

Seems like another scam within the industry in which scare mongering is used, thanks for the input guys but im being a tight git atm.

I only bought mine because I had ended up with a credit note at a supplier due to a customer changing their mind and leaving me with a load of accessories.

What I thought was tight, turned out actually to be... not so much when I used the torque driver. Even the factory connections were quite a way off the mark.

The interchangeable blades... typically I put the large modulo driver bit on and that's it, it doesn't pretty much all the screws in the board. Print a label and stick it on the inside of the board with the torque settings and then when everythings connected, go over everything and give it a once over with the torque driver.

E30? pfffff. i've got a WD40.
Visited Th Orange Shed this morning, Ed China is advertising something that is "better than WD40" was tempted, but it's not a tool so I didn't bother.

Visited Th Orange Shed this morning

wash your mouth out with carbolic, and take 1 hour detention. no tools allowed in detention room.:D:D:D.

How do you check calibration of a torque driver? Tape measure and a known weight?

You can get torque calibrators. They used to be calibrated springs with a dial indicator I believe. Nowadays they are more likely to be load cells and digital displays.

As far as I know you clamp them to a fixed surface, attached the torque driver set to a specific torque setting and then turn it to check the mechanisms breaks at the specified torque.

One would assume they test at several points across the range of adjustment and possibly generate a torque curve for the tool.

They used to be calibrated springs with a dial indicator I believe. Nowadays they are more likely to be load cells and digital displays.
interesting! so who calibrates the calibrator machine?
they must eventually pop to France and try them on the IPK - no kidding they have an official Kilogram weight under glass domes, and if that's lost we don't know what a KG is any more: BIPM - IPK - https://www.bipm.org/en/bipm/mass/ipk/

Reply to Torque Screwdriver..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock