Discuss torque screwdrivers in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
quick one chaps starting to see alot of these torge sqrewdrivers about, which got me thinking when connecting say dbs up were we all used to, and still do just tighten up much as you can is there any set torge values you should be aiming for im not aware of any but why the need for torge sqrewdrivers then ??????

Re: torge sqrewdrivers

The breakers usually gave the torque value written on the side I think from memory wye ones are 2nm

Re: torge sqrewdrivers

Personally I don't just tighten them up as much as I can, because I can tighten them past the point of destruction, I tighten them until they are suitably tight.

If you read the instructions you will find max torque for each connection, it is also printed on the side of some MCBs etc.

Re: torque sqrewdrivers

Lol, L've fixed the thread title for you, you can edit your own posts to fix them if you like.

Re: torque sqrewdrivers

I am going to buy you a dictionary mate ahaha.

To be fair i have fancied one for a while but i can't justify the money. I like that little WiHa set with the torque handle and all the interchangeable drivers but its about £80!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, the other problem with them is you have to have them calibrated. I do't know hoe often, who does it, what it costs, or even if it is true. I also heard some schemes are asking to see them and their calibration certificate.

I used one once on a job for someone who had one, and I was surprised how tight the manufacturer's stated torque for the MCBs i was using was.

I would like one, because I am a tool junkie, but I can't justify the price.

However, I just broke another bit from my WIHA slim vario set today to go along with the other lost and broken ones. I might get the WERA ones next, but it won't be the torque ones.

I had the torque setting in my wrist, elbow and ear synchronised and it works perfectly!

Does anyone use one then? I have a 3 foot torque wrench somewhere that i use when i'm pretending to be a mechanic, in reality it ended up living next to the drivers seat of my vauxhall nova.... just incase.

As far as I know, the other problem with them is you have to have them calibrated. I do't know hoe often, who does it, what it costs, or even if it is true. I also heard some schemes are asking to see them and their calibration certificate.

I used one once on a job for someone who had one, and I was surprised how tight the manufacturer's stated torque for the MCBs i was using was.

I would like one, because I am a tool junkie, but I can't justify the price.

However, I just broke another bit from my WIHA slim vario set today to go along with the other lost and broken ones. I might get the WERA ones next, but it won't be the torque ones.

I had the torque setting in my wrist, elbow and ear synchronised and it works perfectly!
try facom, there protwist (red vde) drivers are stronger.

wera are softer than wiha drivers

Reply to torque screwdrivers in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net