Discuss Toughest screwdriver bits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone got any advice on the toughest screwdriver tips available. I’ve just bought the new Milwaukee (supposedly) impact resistant bits but they don’t seem to be lasting very long before they need replacing. I’m drilling into steel with techs as well as wood which obviously isn’t ideal with an impact but they should still be lasting longer than they are. Any advice?

I have used the same bit for a few years now (wera impaktor). Perhaps not using it in the same manner as you are but it's still had pretty tough usage. I'm very happy with it.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/wera-impaktor-tritorsion-diamond-coated-bit-pz2-x-50mm/487fp

All my Milwaukee impact rated bits are nowhere near as strong as I hoped. I have a Bosch PZ2 that I have had for ten years now and it's better than some month old Milwaukee bits.

I dropped 40quid on a fancy set of wiha bits. They've been less prone to shattering in the impact gun, but still wear out faster than I hoped.
Sticking with the cheap tic tac boxes of dewalt or bosch now and just treat them as disposable.

All my Milwaukee impact rated bits are nowhere near as strong as I hoped. I have a Bosch PZ2 that I have had for ten years now and it's better than some month old Milwaukee bits.
I've a Milwaukee impact rated bit holder, it's a pile of poo. In my helpers impact driver is a non impact rated CK one - it's older and in far better nick than mine.
The impact rated Milwaukee bits are made of glass I think.

Yes the Milwaukee bits are not great to say the least. I always try to use the correct bits for the screwhead, obviously occasionally this is not possible but 90% of the time I’ll be using matching. The wera impaktors seem to be the general consensus. I have a few wera tools kicking about and tbh they are all very good quality. I’ll give them a go and see how I get on. Thanks for all replys

Would you guys suggest using the matching bit holders too or does it not affect performance either way? I need to get an extension bar also
They are all the same size so its down to preference. I use a Millwaukee bit holder and its been fine for a couple of yesrs now and some abuse both physical and verbally, I even use my impact driver for spade bits too as they fit.

Reply to Toughest screwdriver bits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net